• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

el diablo anyone know anything about these ?

nicktressler

" I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a goo
Does anyone know anything about a cigar called el diablo? A guy from work asked me about them he said they have a chili pepper on them and taste almost like a chili pepper. Any info or somewhere to purchase would be of great help.
Thanks guys,

nick

sorry if this is a sloppy it was posted from my cellphone.

El Diablo

A spanish word for "fighting chicken with those claws," as told by Ricky Bobby in /Talladega Nights/.

No more Shake 'N Bake. You're the Magic Man. I'm El Diablo.

My favorite quote from that movie is from either walker or texas ranger i don't remember which says ( ima come at you like a spider monkey chip!!!!)

El Diablo

A spanish word for "fighting chicken with those claws," as told by Ricky Bobby in /Talladega Nights/.

No more Shake 'N Bake. You're the Magic Man. I'm El Diablo.

Real dark cigar, does have a little bite to it, but not nearly as much as you would think.

My local used to carry them, but for some reason decided to stop a couple months ago. A buddy of mine really liked them as an everyday stick, made him an offer on what he had left, and grabbed them for like half price.

Edit to add:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...mp;stext=diablo

All sold out... I'm guessing they've been discontinued. But there's a little write-up about them there.

That cigar doesn't sound very appealing to me. I like spicy things as much as the next guy (heck, look at my avatar picture!) but smoking something that is chili pepper flavored? I mean, I LOVE eating popcorn but I sure as hell don't want a cigar that tastes like it! Let alone a chili pepper cigar.

Diablo cigars were a full bodied smoke introduced by General Cigar at the RTDA in '04. They were released with high hopes but floundered pretty badly when people saw the price on these bad boys. I believe the robusto sold for somewhere around $7 a pop. I actually won a box of these on Cigar World, Generals BB. They ware discontinued back in late '05 after a bad bout with the general cigar public and scoffing due to terrible packaging. The tobacco from the original blend was aslo rumored to have not been in ample supply as they had anticipated leading to a blend change mid stream. I actually liked these cigars. I think I still have a torpedo in one of my desktop humis. Maybe I'll give it a little spark and see how it aged.

Released by General Cigar.
Reblended by General Cigar.
Rereleased and failed to sell.
"Discontinued" by General.

"Diablo"

You can still get them if youre willing to pay the Cohiba price tag.

"Cohiba XV"

If you read the descriptions they are the same cigar, the sizes are a little different but its the same blend.

A forgettable cigar that was a flash in the pan. Got great reviews until people actually smoked 'em. ;)

I like them every once in a while when I am in the mood for something really different.

Had one, wasn't bad, but not nearly good enough to seek out more.

As far as the chili pepper taste, or spice.....it didn't live up IMO.

Anyone know anywhere that might still have these. I would like to get a few for my friend?

Anyone know anywhere that might still have these. I would like to get a few for my friend?

Like OutlawD said they are now called "Cohiba XV" its the same cigar, just a new name and price tag.

Like OutlawD said they are now called "Cohiba XV" its the same cigar, just a new name and price tag.

my friend is looking for some for sentimental reasons to smoke with his dad. i would be willing to pay the higher price but i would need the older labeling.

Best I've done so far Nick is a couple in a sampler. here

All sold out here.

According to this page it's been discontinued.

You may try here though.j

Good luck.

Best I've done so far Nick is a couple in a sampler. here

All sold out here.

According to this page it's been discontinued.

You may try here though.j

Good luck.

Only problem with Thompson is they like to switch brands in their samplers without telling anyone. So he might get a bum steer for the money.

Your best bet Nick, might be to call Thompson to see if they have any stock still in the warehouse they might want to part with.

Business Address:
Thompson Cigar
5401 Hangar Court
Tampa, FL 33634
Mailing addresss:
Thompson Cigar
P.O. Box 30303
Tampa, FL 33630-3303

We can be reached via the following methods:

e-mail: Click here to send e-mail to Thompson Cigar
fax: 813-882-4605
Phone Orders: 800-237-2559
Phone Orders Hours: 7 AM - 10 PM EST
Weekend Phone Order Hours: 8 AM - 7 PM EST
Customer Service Phone: 800-573-9099
Customer Service Hours: 8 AM - 6 PM EST
Our hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7 AM - 10 PM EST

And as far as Hampton Humidor I'd call them up to ask as well, or send them an email. Maybe they might have an open box and you can pick up a 5er instead of having to buy a whole box.

CUSTOMER CARE:
EMAIL US AT: sales@hampton humidor

TOLL-FREE CUSTOMER CARE PHONE NUMBER:
1-800-311-7004

The line is just called Diablo - no el. Their are vitolas of other lines that have similar names.

It's sweet and spicy in a Brazilia kinda way. Not anise like them but it is a naturally sweet tobacco flavor. Discontinued and if anyone knows where to get the Caliente(robusto), let me know please!

Steve

I got one of these at a Big Smoke event a couple of years ago. I think it might have been the one in AC. Can't recall. Anway, was provided a little robusto sized Diablo stick. They hyped it up there, saying it was "spicy, full-bodied" etc. Was very suspect of it at the time and when I tried a couple of months later, was just disgusted with flavor of something akin to habanero-sauce, honey and ass. Very spicy, but artifically so, and sweet too. Was a terrible little stick IMHO and I quickly ditched it. If they've gone the way of the do-do bird, it's with reason.

Greets all :cool:

Sorry about dragging up this old thread, but I thought interested parties might want to know that Famous Smoke Shop has these as a closeout. Boxes are buy one, get one free through March, and Caliente (Robusto) is 79.99 for two boxes (50 gars). These are one of my favorites currently.

Oh, and hello, btw. Long time reader, first time poster, etc.