• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EL Incomparable Churchill

doublegun

Picked up one of these on the cheap at my local stick shop for half-off as they are ridding themselves of over-stocks. My impression in the past has been that these haven't sold very well in most shops given their fairly high-price point. I'd always wanted to try one but couldn't bring myself to part with $13 or more.

This one has been aging for quite some time and has a fairly nice neutral aroma when taken out of the tube. Some evidence of bloom (a good sign :cool:) with nice construction and very few veins. Very light wrapper. My suspicions were right and this smoke is very light. Not a terribly complex aroma after being lit. Hints of spice, wine and some light fruit over-tones. A little “grassy” though. It has a very nice draw, with gray ash and good burn.

In short, this is what I consider to be a good "everyday" smoke. Nothing really stands out about the experience other than it isn't over-whelming nor is it under-whelming. But the price is crazy! Yet it is no dog-biscuit by any means. However, no one in their right mind should ever pay what these sticks were going for. It’s at best a $7 smoke and at worst a $5 smoke.

ouch. at least you got to try one, though. you never know. sometimes the you get the unexpected; a great smoke, worth every cent. sorry, man. (forgive me for sounding sympathetic, for you sounded a little disappointed!)