• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Mejor Espresso Torpedo

Cigar Smokin Chef

Hi all you BOTL/SOTL,

I was recently bombed by Insight (Thanks again Bro). Included in the package was one El Mejor Espresso Torpedo.
128779801-M.jpg

6.5 x 54 Nicaragua
Wrapper: Mexican Maduro
Filler: Nicaragua and Honduras

The cigar is wrapped in a chocolatey brown maduro wrapper, beautifully box pressed and very firm. The prelight draw was nicely spicy with a very firm draw. After clipping the head and toasting the foot a very uneventful light gave flavors of creamy chocolate and coffee. As a newbie to tasting cigars as opposed to smoking them these flavors were someting that I could distinguish easily, no hunting around for what they were....chocolate and coffee.

These flavors continued through the first 1/3 of the stick, the chocolate became less pronounced with the roasted coffee dominating. The aftertaste was lingering but very mild. The very firm ash was just off white. The cigar did not produce a hugh amount of smoke, but the draw was satisfying and pleasant. There was some unevenness to the burn that required minor touch up

128779825-M.jpg

The second third continued with the roasted coffee and returned some of the chocolate flavor. The smoke also increased slightly.

128779783-M.jpg

I nubbed this stick almost burning my fingers to get every puff.

All in all this was a very enjoyable smoke, mellow but full of flavor. Since smoking it I have ordered a fiver to add to the humidor.

Thanks, Insight, for a truely enjoyable smoke.

Mark

Very nice pics man. A buddy of mine is a big fan of these, glad you enjoyed it. They don't do much for me, but to each his own.

I kinda wish my experience with El Mejor was like that. Good review, great pics, very artful.

Nice review! Keep em coming! :thumbs:

I'm with Wyatt on this one... The one I've had, didn't do a whole for me!
Glad you really enjoyed it Mark!!! Thanks for the great review, and amazing pictures bro!!!

:thumbs:

I had one a few months back, similar experience. Super chocolatey, great coffee taste. A very good smoke for the price IMO.

Very nice review! The reason I decided to include that stick in the package I sent you is I found about 10 in the back of my humi and handed one off unbanded to a friend of mine. He is pretty particular and really only smokes PAMs, Opus and Tat brown labels so I was surprised when he said he thought it was great. Glad you liked it too, its great to find a decent smoke that can be found inexpensively

Very nice review! The reason I decided to include that stick in the package I sent you is I found about 10 in the back of my humi and handed one off unbanded to a friend of mine. He is pretty particular and really only smokes PAMs, Opus and Tat brown labels so I was surprised when he said he thought it was great. Glad you liked it too, its great to find a decent smoke that can be found inexpensively

Inexpensive is not the word a just won a fiver on Cigar Bid...5$ Thanks again
Mark