• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Monstruo By Martinez 130+ Ring Review.

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
The review of this Pringles can cigar is in progress.....Taking notes and pictures now, should be done by next Christmas check back soon for the final write up. lol

Sorry for the delay. But this is going to be delayed till monday. The pictures and review are all done but stuck on my work laptop at my shop with no damn internet. Check back monday.

Again sorry for this delay, Our internet has been down at work, and this is where all the pictures are saved. Im off today and tomorrow, but they are supposed to be coming into the shop today to replace the router and modems I guess they have been having a problem anyway. So again sorry, and please stay tuned. Im hoping for Thursday. 

So here it goes....

The EL Monstruo Cigar is a Pringles can sized cigar. Why may you ask anyone in there right mind would buy this thing? or attempt to smoke it? WHY NOT!?!

Ok so as mentioned this beast is 140+ ring manufactured by Martinez Cigar Co. In New York. (also known as the Bazuka)

When I first got this beast in the mail it smelled like crap, dirty, diesel fuel, im not really sure what was going on with it. But I let it season in the humidor for some time before even considering it.

So as a few months went by....... IT WAS NOW TIME!

Time for what? To figure out how the hell I would be cutting this monster. (here were my options)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11268]

After cutting into what seemed like a cypress tree stump. The next challenge was to ignite the beast. Again there was lots of debate on how to do this....So this was my first option.....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11278]

After realizing that was not the best option it took a little fines with a torch to light this baby up evenly.

So 1st draw.... WOW holly smoke batman! Easy effortless draw, and smoke produced from me and the cigar is self was equivalent to a steam train!!
Flavor? Very mild, smooth and actually pleasant. The after aroma smell was very pleasing and slightly sweet. To me this was a shock after reverting back to what I had smelled when I first opened the package.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11269]
(doesnt fit the ash try very well now does it?)

The review is actually not that complex the smoke, flavor, and mass production of smoke stay consistent throughout the entire smoke. If and when it ever started to burn off to the side it quickly corrected it self on its own. Again I can not relay the amount of smoke this baby produced while just sitting there awaiting its next big puff.

Here are some pictures to the NUB! This was all in all about a 5 hr smoke. (give or take) Also note there were 2 of these monsters consumed for this review.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11270]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11271]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11272]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11273]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11274]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11275]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11276]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11277]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11279]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11280]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11281]

So over all I know I am a NEWB, but I gave the cigar a over all of a 8 rating, given its ridiculous size it was constructed very well. Tasted nice as a everyday smoke, (not size) but flavor... It burned nice, and if you want to look like a dumbass for 5 hrs smoking this thing! Give it a shot!

YOUR TURN PAUL!!! You have my other one! Lets here it!!!!!

Nice review and pics. If the weather changes in the next few weeks I'll plan a day outside!

Tall Paul said:
Nice review and pics. If the weather changes in the next few weeks I'll plan a day outside!

YA! Cant wait to see what you think of the "LOAF" after resting in your humi. Sorry I couldn't write to many more details on this it was just Large, In charge, and mild and basic all the way through.

They make normal size cigars as well, I wouldn't mind buying some of the "Normal" size smokes to give them a try.

This makes the OPUS A I had look like a lancero. :D

I'm not much into novelty cigars but looks like you conquered it.

The 1st cigar wouldn't hold the ash, the 2nd monster held the ash pretty nice. I probably could of held the whole thing, but I did this at work in between painting, so leaving it out side on the ledge on its own while it was windy was challenging. 

extremeXconcepts said:
The 1st cigar wouldn't hold the ash, the 2nd monster held the ash pretty nice. I probably could of held the whole thing, but I did this at work in between painting, so leaving it out side on the ledge on its own while it was windy was challenging. 

BTW, where can one get a hold to this beast? Can I get it online?

extremeXconcepts said:

No prob, order one up and lets see what you think! 

I'll order one but to smoke it in the summer, I live in NYC and there is no way I'm going to be outside for 5+ hours smoking this in the winter time lol

Its always warmer in NYC you'll be fine! I can see you now.... Strolling down 5th ave with that beast! LOL Why not go sit down at Nat Sherman with that? Think they may look at you funny?

extremeXconcepts said:
Its always warmer in NYC you'll be fine! I can see you now.... Strolling down 5th ave with that beast! LOL Why not go sit down at Nat Sherman with that? Think they may look at you funny?

Lol, I'm going to head to the Carnegie Club and see how much they would charge to cut this monster for me, the cutting fee there is $10