• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme

Lemon

Well, it seems like my plan to smoke some good smokes before going to the army is turning out great. The El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme was a pleasant surprise.

I'm sure many of you have tried these, they're pretty popular ISOMs from what I hear on the forum. In my hand it felt and looked like a RASS with a different label. I don't know how much age this one had, but I'm glad I have two more in my humi. Before lighting it I smelled it, and it smelled very sweet. So far, I've seen this as a good sign :thumbs: I drilled it and lit it. I might have lit it a bit too fast, giving it a rough start with a black ring around the ash, but as far as taste is concerned, it can't have done much damage.

The draw was tight, but there was a lot of thick smoke. This is what I call a perfect draw, it seems like a cigar like this has good construction and bodes a long enjoyment. The wrapper was very smooth. I don't know how much the visible veins mean really, don't all cigars have those? Anyway, the flavors are amazing. The first flavors I noticed was something like a mixture of vanilla/cream and pepper, creating a really smooth taste. There was also some rye taste in it, reminding me of the rye bread we Finns mostly eat :) The aftertaste on my lips reminded me of the saltiness I've gotten from the RASS. It held the ash quite well I'd say, with a grey/white color. In the end there was some bitterness, but that could have just been the hot smoke messing with my tongue.

All in all, this was a magnificent smoke. I did not drink anything with it. Afterall, it was my first ERDM, I concentrated on perceiving individual flavors. In the future I might try a bourbon with it. On a review-site for ISOMs, it has gotten a rating of 7/10 (http://www.cigars-review.org) but I would give it a 9/10. Those who haven't had this yet, I highly recommend you try it. Later today, I might try my first Cohiba, a robusto. I wonder if something that costs twice as much can be that much better :whistling:

Again, I'd be happy to hear critique about my style of reviewing. As I see it, I can't improve without bravely writing what I think. All comments are more than welcome! :thumbs:

great review lemon. i think you hit it right on the head, except that ive never had a tight draw before. the erdm is one of my all time favorite isoms. im glad you enjoyed it.

Very nice review, Lemon. :thumbs: Keep'em coming. I really enjoy the ERDM Choix Supreme...enough to add them to my collection.

Very nice review. The only thing about this wonderful cigar that stands out to me that you didn't mention is a very fruity/sweet falvor that blossums after about the 1st 3rd of it. This is the thing about this cigar that makes it stand out from all the rest to me, JMHO. Definetly one of my favorite smokes. I look forward to more of your reviews.

melski said:
Ifn' you want the experience to last a little longer, smoke a Tainos.
[snapback]199623[/snapback]​

Got to agree with you on this one, Melski. Still have around 7 or 8 Tainos from 2001. Man are they getting good about now. I have always found the ERDMs to be a bit nutty and the Tainos are really capturing that particular flavor. :thumbs:

Choix are great, but some of the tainos I've had seemed to be a little tight on the draw. Anyone else have that problem?

Back