• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme

flamchop

65/65
I recently acquired this cigar from a BOTL here. I've never had any ERDM so I was eager to try it. It was supposed to be an Eagles celebration smoke but it turned into a consolation smoke. Either way I was excited heh.

El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme
5 x 48 Hermoso No. 4 Corona Extra

Pre-light

The cigar had a nice feel to it, no mushy parts. The wrapper was a light brown and showed a few veins. The pre-light draw was perfect and tasted of sweet caramel or butterscotch? The foot looked like it had a nice bunch to it, not too packed and not too loose.

The smoke

I punched the cap and torched the foot. The first thing I noticed was a tangy taste, with woody flavors coming through as well. No hint of pepper or spice. The draw and burn remained great throughout with only a couple minor touch ups needed. Closer to the halfway point the woody flavor picked up and it reminded me more of burnt coffee, but it was still very pleasant and tasty. I picked up a bit of floral or maybe grassy flavor, but it was not overpowering by any means, just barely there. I have no idea the year on this smoke so maybe these flavors would change over some more time.

Conclusion

With tangy, woody, caramel-like notes throughout, this smoke was definitely on the medium side and would be a great early day smoke. I don't think it was a very complex smoke but I wouldn't mind having a bunch more of these in the humi, a great go-to Cuban in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised, as I've never had this marca before.

I've only had the NC version of ERDM, and I have to say it is a staple in my humi. I love those things! Good review!