• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election Day

stewa070

Just wanted to ask for my friend's support today as it is election day. If ya'll have noticed I'm a bailiff for a Circuit Judge by day and going to law school at night 4 nights a week. I have really enjoyed my year and a half as a bailiff and the experience in a court room has really given me a leg up on my classmates. But all that could change tonight as we have opposition. I feel very confident about our odds, but with this job being my means of supporting my wife I'm still nervous. It's a weird feeling to place your livelihood in the hands of thousands of strangers! Anyway, pray for us tonight. I'm proud of what I've done up here and of my judge.

Good luck with the election.

I never knew that bailiff's were tied to the judges they worked with. Is this common?

I never knew that bailiff's were tied to the judges they worked with. Is this common?

A judge has the sole right to hire his staff (cour reporter, bailiff, secretary) and the guy opposing us has made it very clear that we are history "when" he gets elected!

Bailiff is not a skill position although some of us are better with people than others, and therefor we're usually the first to go. What's unusual is that the court reporter pretty much comes with the office. It's rare to fire and hire a new one, but our opponent has made no bones about that.

A judge has the sole right to hire his staff (cour reporter, bailiff, secretary) and the guy opposing us has made it very clear that we are history "when" he gets elected!

Bailiff is not a skill position although some of us are better with people than others, and therefor we're usually the first to go. What's unusual is that the court reporter pretty much comes with the office. It's rare to fire and hire a new one, but our opponent has made no bones about that.

I had no clue. I just thought these positions were filled by full-time municipal employees.

my whole lively hood depends on elections if budgets get blocked i get sent home. It looks like this year will be a very lean year since it is most likely there will be a budget blockage.

Back