• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election Day

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Today's is Election Day and I've been working real hard for three months on a good friend's campaign for First Selectman (like a Mayor) in Stafford, CT and I'm running for the Board of Finance in my own town.

A certain political party (which I will not mention here ;) ) has dominated Stafford for years, the only time we ever held this seat was for two brief years, 1959 - 1961 so if my candidate wins, it will be a huge upset. We've run a first class, positive campaign and think we have an excellent shot.

On the other hand, in my own town my political party has dominated the local scene virtually forever so even someone like me can win running as a Republican :D

It's going to be a LOONG day..........

Good Luck my brother. I'm sure the awesome computer you have was a huge help, right? :p

Dave

I wish you happiness. Since I don't know what you or your candidate stand for I can't endorse your campaign but I hope the world is a better place tomorrow and if it's because your candidate wins more power to you!

Ah **** it like I care what happens in Connecticut! GOOD LUCK!

You near any of the places where they gro tobacco?

Well, things didn't go well. We lost in Stafford 2094 to 1918 and in my own town, we lost everything therefore I did not get elected to the Board of Finance.

I had many friends lose last night in surrounding towns which is unfortunate because they were truly doing a good job and wouldn't lie or resort to underhanded tactics just for the sake of winning.

This is why most of you guys and most other people are so cynical and critical of the political process and politics in general.

I'd rather lose and be able to look at myself in the mirror the next day than lie just to win. ;)

tis a very good point.

then again, i can never look at myself in the mirror.
beaten too many times by the ugly stick :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
I'd rather lose and be able to look at myself in the mirror the next day than lie just to win. ;)
Well if you got rid of the mirrors...would you really be lying? :sneaky: :p

Sorry to hear about the Loss Bill, but delighted to know that Political figures do still have Integrity. Here is 2 of these for that :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well you know what they say - the people wanted them then they are going to get what they deserve and shouldn't be suprised ;)

Close race though - best of luck next time CC :thumbs:

Sam

Well if you got rid of the mirrors...would you really be lying?

THAT'S how they do it!!! I'm gonna smash all the mirrors in my house, run again and lie through my teeth, PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanx Beast :D

Good luck Bill. Hope you get it! We need more politicians like yourself. :thumbs:

Back