• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

End of the Semester Scotch

StogieSteve

Well the semester is done on Thursday the 17th. I have one hands on final on monday and a take home due thursday. I have a 99.42% in one class and a 99.68% in the other. Yeah, I know I'm such a slacker lol. Anyways, I want to get a good bottle of scotch to celebrate. I'm thinking the Clynelish 14 yo or the Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo. However I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a scotch under $50. My prof might be joining us so I want something that everyone will enjoy. We're going to be smoking Avo 80th's as well. I've been saving those for a while now.

-Steven

It's got to be The Balvenie. Always a crowd pleaser! I've never seen anyone I've offered a pour refuse a second glass! 

Dalmore and Balvenie are excellent suggestions, IMO. If I might throw another suggestion in the mix, I'd say Macallan 12. Macallan is a great whisky all around. Beginners can appreciate it because it's pretty smooth and not overly complex, yet there's something there for the seasoned drinker as well. Plus, everyone knows the Macallan name.

Old Pulteney 12 is very nice as is the Highland Park 12

I picked up a Balvenie 12 Double Wood today at Sams Club for $34 or $39 I don't remember but I enjoyed it and for the price.......

PJ

I would mirror the trhoughts on the Mac 12 and the HP 12 both are excellent and no one I know would turn their nose up at either of them.

I would also suggest that you look at the Abelour 16yo $46 here and Longrow CV or maybe increase your budget a little and grab the Balvenie 15yo on sale for $58 here.

BTW for a value Old Pulteny is tough to beat.

Anyhow, congrats and kudos on your excellent marks. :thumbs: