• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EQUUS Pyramid

Shibumi

Looking for Effortless Perfection
Today I decided to smoke the EQUUS Pyramid that I received at the CP, Quad-State HERF. Thank you Atlantic Cigars

To start, the wrapper was very rough with veins. It was still a nice, dark wrapper.

I clipped it with my new Palio, also from the HERF. Who donated those? Was it Mark (N2Adventure)? Whoever it was, retired my Xikar. Thanks. Anyone want to trade some cigars for a slightly used Xikar? PM me.

To start, pre-light draw was on the border of perfect.

I lit this Cigar in the parking lot at work and it took seconds to get going. It had an even burn from start to finish. Right from the start it gave off lots of thick smoke. As for the taste, I think it lacked body. It tasted good and no heavy aftertaste, but it was mild or bland I think. It almost felt like it was going to be a strong cigar and at first I thought it would get stronger, but it never did. It was also one dimensional, straight through. I would say this is a good morning smoke. Not too heavy. I was looking for a heavier smoke for my ride home. Oh well. It still was not bad. I ended up smoking the whole thing. I had to sit in front of my house, in the car for 15 minutes to finish it. About an hour from start to finish. My rating? = “Under $5 good”.

A side note. At the very end the wrapper started to flake. I think it was on the dry side due to the trip it took. I also think these cigars would be good (flavor wise) with some time to rest. I don’t have any idea on how long. ???

Good honest review Jeff, how about the rest of you BOTL that got one at the Quad State Herf last week. If smoked one already, how did it match up with what Jeff (Shibumi) posted and would you recommend it to your friends....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

By the way Jeff, when you stated "I clipped it with my new Palio, also from the HERF. Who donated those?" To the best of my knowledge, it was Steven Schranz from Lighters Direct. In reference to your Xikar, I'd keep it if I were you just in case you miss placed your new Palio or somethin'. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good candid review, Jeff.

I was just looking at this myself but there was not opportunity to smoke it today. I will take your advice and let it rest some more :)