• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ERDM Gran Coronas '01

massphatness

I grabbed this stick today for my morning walk with the dog, and while I didn't think I'd review it, I changed my mind as the walk went on because I really enjoyed the flavor changes in this. Didn't have so much as a cell phone with me to take photos, so this one will have to be done sans pictures.

The Gran Coronas measures in at 46 x 5.6 -- a nicely sized stick for my hour or so walk. The first draw was amazingly sweet with lots of floral and citrus. While definitely on the mild side, the intenseness of flavor caused me to take the cigar from my mouth and just look at it. (That ever happen to you? You get a great burst of flavor from a stick, and it's a "pinch me" moment where you need to actually verify you're smoking the cigar ... I don't know, maybe it's just me.) That first draw set the expectation bar very high for this cigar, and I happily loped along next to my dog enjoying the sweetness that the first third of the cigar continued to produce.

This Gran Corona was very well constructed, and it's light gray ash held well. Zero burn issues; not even a touch up was required.

At about the half-way point, the sweetness began to mute and a more chocolate, or perhaps coffee bean flavor began to dominate. The mildness of the stick also gave way to a richer, more medium bodied experience. It was a nice juxtaposition to how the cigar started, and the chocolatey/coffee bean notes persisted through the remainder of the stick.

This was a completely enjoyable experience all the way around. When rating atmosphere, smoking a nice cigar while on an unrushed walk with my dog is second only to sitting around a fire with family and friends while smoking a nice cigar. The ERDM Gran Coronas added a healthy dose of enjoyment to my morning stroll. I would think this, like a lot of ERDMs, would be a great first cigar of the day. For me, it most definitely was!