• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Estevan Cruz

I bought a few 5-pack samplers of the Estevan Cruz cigars off of Cigar Bid.com, when I was going through my bidding/buying mania last year on their site. I had done a little research on this cigar prior to bidding on them. Smoke Magazine rated them very highly. I personally had never heard of the brand before. I stumbled across a few of them in the bottom of the Coolerdor yesterday and thought that I would give one of them a try now that they are about a year old.

The size was a small torpedo, approximately the same size as a Bolivar Belicoso Fino, maybe a little larger. The wrapper looked pretty decent, dark and well made, but I've seen better.

The cigar band was tacky...gaudy. Chrome, black, and red. I frankly didn't expect much out of this cigar.

The cigar started out pretty blase, but about one inch into the stick it started to rock and roll. I don't know why I liked this cigar so much...it's just that it had this underlying sweetness that one runs across every now and then...and the taste was really nice. I absolutely nubbed the rascal, and it was good to the last finger burning puff.

I don't remember what I paid for them at cigar bid, but I don't think they were even a dollar a piece. Apparently, no one else had ever heard of this brand either, when I was bidding on them...so they we auctioned off cheap.

I'll definitely be moving the rest of these from the Coolerdor up into the humidors for better access. This was a good cigar. Cheap. Mild to medium bodied. Sweet. Good draw. Burned evenly. Plentiful smoke. What more could you ask from an inexpensive cigar? I was pleasantly surprised!

Now, if I ever can work up enough nerve to try the box of Lone Wolf's that I bought last year on Cigar Bid..... Naaaaah! I'm gonna have to wait a while yet to sample those. Bought a box for next to nothing... Supposed to have been an expensive cigar during the cigar boom. We'll see later on if they're a dog rocket or not. Now if I can ever dig down to the Connies in the bottom of the Coolerdor...that would be another story. I KNOW that they're good!

PS: Stay away from CigarBid.com if you don't want your Visa card to melt! I had to take the scissors to mine.

That's a good idea PB...if you wanna save money. Lord knows how many dollars I spent in about a month there last year. I was looking in the Coolerdor again today to move the Estevan Cruz's to the humidor...and found about 5 or 6, 5 packs of the things. I must have bought all that they had online at the time. LOL! I just kept finding them as I dug deeper into the Coolerdore. I said to myself, "Sam, you idiot, how many of these things DID you buy?" I'm glad that they turned out to be a pretty good cigar.

One used to be able to get some fairly good buys at their website last year, but the last few times that I have been there people have just gone insane on the prices that they're bidding. Higher than retail, which isn't too bright. I bought a bunch of cigar boom $6+ or higher smokes for less than $1 each so I did pretty well and don't regret the purchases...all except for the Lone Wolfs. I'm still kinda embarassed about buying those...supposed to be the king of all dog rockets.

ROFLMAO

Sam J.

hmm maybe Wolf Rockets??? What can be higher than the king of all DOG rockets??? :D