• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2002

Joebunaga

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.
Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2002 (750ml, 86.6 proof, 43.3 alcohol by volume, $23-$28per)

My apologies for not including a photo, but life is imperfect sometimes...

Pours a nice amber/red color and uncorks with a fruity sweet nose that really appealed to me.

After that, because I can be a dumbass at times, it took me three tries to get this booze done right.

In a rush to sample it before a dinner party I poured a healthy snort and allowed a non-bourbon drinker to ice it for me... a chunk about three times too large that watered down quickly and destroyed the flavor. The closest I could describe the flavor to being was a washed out Four Roses Small Batch. Incorrect.

The second attempt was after a day of heavy lifting in the heat and I tried to drink it neat. It started off a little sweet and turned harsh and peppery right off. I think the heat was getting to me and the warmish bourbon just didn't work out for me.

Last night I got it right.
A couple of fingers over chilled whiskey stones(which is quickly becoming my favorite way to drink scotch or bourbon). Again, I really enjoyed the nose. The first few sips held onto the sweetness and a little nutty flavor. Later this disappeared and was replaced with oak and some pepper. I'm not an Evan Williams drinker and probably wouldn't have picked up the bottle on my own, so this was a pleasant surprise(received from Chiefmd in the Booze PIF).

I ended up having three...