• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Okay I heard some interesting stuff on these cigars, so I bought a 5-pack from CigarBid. I paid 21 dollars for the 5 pack. I was wondering if anybody has tried these? I won't be getting the 5-pack until next week.

I'l let you know when I get mine, I got the other 5 pack. :sign:

I wonder how much the two of you bumped up eachothers bids until it finally ended.
:sign:

They are hands down the best 1066's...and one of the best HDM's I've had on the domestic side. IMHO. :) Very nice cigar...big power...with an enjoyable flavor profile. You made a good purchase. :thumbs:

I've been interested in trying these myself and been keeping an eye out for a single at the local shops. So far nothing. Would definately be interested in seeing your reviews on this cigar!

Sam

great smoke!

you'll be pleased if you like bold, full flavor, tasty, lots of medium-strong smoke.

Was waiting on PG to post his review, doesn't look like he is.

1066 Dark Knight:

Construction was good, cap a bit sloppy, small veins, no bumps. Cigar burned well with no touch ups. Did want to canoe down the largest vein but never to where it needed corrected. Cap did come loose on the second puff. Nice volume of smoke with each puff, no need to double toke this one. Flavor; taste was typical honduran, with a bit more punch. I found it to be pretty much straight forward all the way to the band with no changes. Much better than the regular line if Excalibur which I don't care for. I disagree with full flavor, I found this more a medium. Perhaps I was looking for more of a maduro flavor with the darkness of the wrapper, never found it. I did smoke this stick down to the band so it was better than most of the others in this line. Those that like medium strength cigars would probably like it. I would probably smoke more singles but wouldn't buy a box. Over all I'd give it a 83.

Perhaps I should explain myself a bit. As Emo is fond of saying about Bill, I too am a JR slut. Cigars in this price range I compare with Ult Principals. The Dark Knight to me is a bit below this standard. but that's just my opinion. :p

I am still waiting for my order. It is scheduled to arrive today. :D

I too am hoping for a more fuller flavor, well thanks for the heads up.

Wascal said:
Did want to canoe down
Now there is a reference I have not heard since High School! :p Did you put a little spit around the canoe? :p

I'm not a big Hoyo fan, they taste like mulch to me :(

JOE.M. said:
Wascal said:
Did want to canoe down
Now there is a reference I have not heard since High School! :p Did you put a little spit around the canoe? :p

I'm not a big Hoyo fan, they taste like mulch to me :(
Yes, I did try that. Doesn't seem to work as well with cigars, too much heat I think.

I agree with that for the regular line. Guess that's why they make so many different cigars, everyone's taste is different. I just don't find much flavor in the milder cigars anymore.

Well Wascal, I finally tried one, and it was just about what you said in your review, nothing special, and not what I would expect in a maduro cigar. Nothing really jumped out. Maybe I am spoiled by VSG's and other cigars. So these cigars where a dissappointment. :( . Maybe someone else who likes HDM would like to trade me for the rest :p

PG, how many you got left, and what are you lookin for in trade? Talk to me, Goose.