• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Extra rare GURKHA

I have recently had the privilege of seeing this box of what was said to be a ultra rare Gurkha cigar. Made only for diplomats. Sanction by the government of Honduras. He said the name is The Gurkha Viejo.

OK i must describe these to you:
1. They are in a unmarked black rough looking box sealed in plastic. The box is nailed shut in all four corners.
2. when you open the box the cigars are covered in large tobacco leaves. Under the leaves are chopped up tobacco leaves covering the cigars and between them.
3. The cigars are un marked and yes they are hand rolled. (see picture below)
i was able to beg him out of one. And when i asked him to sell me the box he just smiled and started rubbing my car!!!!

I need to know if these are what he say they are and are they worth my CAR!!

Please forgive the photos

Picture040.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Looks to me like a Gurkha 1940.
Yes they are somewhat rare. They are fabled to have pre-embargo cuban tobacco in them. That is debateable. Are they worth your car? NO.
I had the pleasure of receiving one of these in a pass I did and while it was a good smoke it was by no means worth more than say the $20 retail price these are supposed to be sold at. Its a decent medium bodied one dimensional spice filled smoke. Your results and/or opinions may vary ;)

Definatley looks like one of the Gurkha Pre-Embargos to me. They also made a Torpedo size of these......not worth your car lol every now and then you see them for around 500$ a box.

Definatley looks like one of the Gurkha Pre-Embargos to me. They also made a Torpedo size of these......not worth your car lol every now and then you see them for around 500$ a box.

There's definitely no "a" in definitely.....

How are things going over on Eric Turner's loser board these days? ???

Thank you for the information. It will help me greatly in deciding my next course of action in obtaining these.

But anyone else that has more information on these please let me know cause i have plans on making these the center piece of my collection. And i would like to know if it worth hitting honduran congressman over the head and taking his cigars :whistling: No i won't go that far but i got to have a box of these.

Well just looking at it I can tell you its one of these three.

1. There very old as OutlawD said so it could be a pre-imbargo, 1940 or around those lines.

2. Its total crap and someone ripped you’re friend off. From the pics above that looks really rough and one thing about Gurkha is that there construction is always top notch. Maybe a little tight at times bit top notch to say the least.

3. It is what it is. Gurkha has a habit of continuously producing and discontinuing small lines of cigars and are very regional with some. I have a box of G3’s which by all accounts didnt exist untill late.

*Also note the whole congress story sounds like something out of the Gurkha book especially if you recall the story behind the Gurkha Centurian Double-X.

These special edition perfectos are so exclusive that the Sultan of Brunei is the only customer - until now.

Anyhow id say there probably not worth more then 500 for a box that being said no one ever said there even good, perhaps you’ll have to fire one up and see if there worth it. Also check around the Honduran websites.

Just my thoughts.

Edited for spelling.

The photo don't do it justic. It is really tight and in good condtion. I think it just my cam. I just needed to identify this cig and make sure what i trade with him is far.

I have a toy camry 91 kinda beat up but it nice for honduras i paid 2000 for it. He said he will give me 2 sealed boxes for the ride. Well let me tell you that is out of the question now but now i have an ideal on what i am working with.

Any more information please shear it with me thank you.

One other question: would you consider this to be a good find. Something worthy of all this trouble???? let me know

Looks like the foot was busted up to me

I have a toy camry 91 kinda beat up but it nice for honduras i paid 2000 for it. He said he will give me 2 sealed boxes for the ride. Well let me tell you that is out of the question now but now i have an ideal on what i am working with.
One other question: would you consider this to be a good find. Something worthy of all this trouble???? let me know
Well, if they are 25 count boxes, and you consider the retail price of $20, you will get $1000. So just from the money aspect you kinda loose out. The real question is, out side of what we think of the sticks, are these sticks worth it to you?

I've had a number ofthe Gurkha 1940's and 1950's cigars and both have a shaggy foot. Much shaggier then your pic shows. I have some still that I checked against your stick. The 1940's Churchill listed at $1000 AFAIK a box but could be found in the $750 range if you looked. I don't think 2 are worth your car. YMMV

Thank you very much AVB and everyone else for the information. After i got the real name for these cigars i have been able to do some research on them. I made an offer to him today and think he is going to give at least one box. I offered 300.00 is that to much?

Ok here are some pics of the gurkhas i bought

ffa1d17a.jpg

ab170e5f.jpg

166fca7e.jpg

9d0bab8c.jpg

e907f019.jpg

Let me know what you all think. I got them for $300.00x2

Pics are way too big. It'd be nice if you could scale them down some. $600 is a lot of cash. Did you get a chance to try one before you bought? Not a bad price compared to list.

i knew you was going to Blast me for these huge pics :p I am working on scaling them down as we speak. Yes i did try them. It's a full body smoke for sure. I am more into the mild to mid body cigars but for that price i had to get them. So if Clinton or you(AVB) ever come to my house i will have cigars worthy of your status. :thumbs:

A good, free program for resizing your pics can be had here:

www.irfanview.com