• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Partagas Serie D No 4?

thebluenote

Just received a box of Partagas Serie D No 4's. The band color looks alright but I noticed only one "dot", i.e. Partagas Serie D No. 4, instead of 3 "dots", i.e. Partagas Serie D. No. 4. Any insights folks?????

Cheers,
TheBlueNote

Just received a box of Partagas Serie D No 4's. The band color looks alright but I noticed only one "dot", i.e. Partagas Serie D No. 4, instead of 3 "dots", i.e. Partagas Serie D. No. 4. Any insights folks?????

Cheers,
TheBlueNote

Photo please.

A very similar thread was just recently started HERE with a link to THIS WEBSITE.

You should be able to find some excellent info there, and by browsing around the CP forums.

As for posting a picture into the thread, a common method is to use a picture hosing site like Photobucket. Upload the picture there, and in each of your album folders you have started there you can copy the "image link" to paste into your topic. The text string to copy will look something like [_img]http://image path[_/img] (just without the underscores in the string).

edit: fix image link sample

Thanks Shamrocker.

I saw that thread and went to that website, that is why I started to question what I had. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum knew if there were other legitimate variations on the "dots".

Cheers,
TheBlueNote

Photo please.
I will be posting 2 seperate pix when I get home, as this now has me concerned. I have pix of PSD4's that I've smoked with '3 dots', but my March '10 box of PSD4's only have '1 dot'. It was recently purchased from a reputable vendor, which has me a little stumped. Could it be that for 2010 PSD4's, THOSE bands only have 1 dot?

Jeffrey L.

Some nice examples of the use of search!

Partagas Serie D No. 4, instead of 3 "dots", i.e. Partagas Serie D. No. 4.

Just wanted to add this to the mix...

I have some Partagas Serie D No. 5 Limitadas 2008 that are just that on the band "Partagas Serie D No. 5" with no extra "."

And I trust my source 100%. PM me if you have questions.

HERE is a thread you may find useful.
Except that thread doesn't explain why/if the cigars were fake.

Does anyone have any real evidence that Partagas Has or hasn't changed their labels?

Sadly I know there was no real conclusion as to the authenticity of the cigars in that previous thread. I posted the link because I remembered the thread and the discussion that took place (not to mention the pictures).

Being that these are showing up more often, it does seem possible that the band has been changed, but when I searched Habanos SA I couldn't find anything. Hopefully we can find out if there was actually a change, but I have no idea how to do such a thing myself.

It's as simple as this....Trust your vendor. If you do, smoke 'em and don't worry about it. If you don't trust the vendor, then send it back. Just don't expect to do any more business with that vendor in the future.