• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FAKES

stewa070

Seriously guys do ya'll know of any decent fake cigars out there? Do they exist? I mean can I go to the Dom Repub and buy some Koheebas and enjoy em. Even though I know they're fake does that automatically mean that they will taste like crap? Let me know if you've ever bought fakes both intentionally and otherwise and how were they? I ask cuz I'm going to the DR and I know that 90% of what I smoke or buy will be fake. I just wanted to know if anything fake tastes decent.

Let me know cuz I'm gettin' refresh finger on my computer

Why don't you PM emo? He knows places over there, I think.

LMAO, I had a fake esplendido once...........

It was NOT a good smoke. I would wait for emo and try to find a nice reputable shop, otherwise, give us a report when you get back!!!

Phil

My guess is that fakes would suck. I mean, if they didn't suck, why make fakes? As with most fakes (not just cigars), the goal is to minimize cost and maximize profits in the short time frame you have to work with. Chances are, the cigars are going to be poorly made, wrapped, and probably stuffed with a bunch of shredded calculus tests. :D

you're probably right phish. I think what i really want is just a decent Dom cigar that is not exported if such a thing exists

never really had a fake.

unless you count a la finca.

those aren't very pleasant after a while.

Hey Stew, here's an idea. Since you'll be in the D. R. , why don't you just pick up a couple of boxes of the Best Dominican cigars you can aquire, ie. Opus X, WOA, Anejo, BTL, UTS, etc..... :D
Why get stuck with a box of crap when you can find the finest they have to offer. Just my .02 cents on the idea. :)

stogieman said:
Hey Stew, here's an idea. Since you'll be in the D. R. , why don't you just pick up a couple of boxes of the Best Dominican cigars you can aquire, ie. Opus X, WOA, Anejo, BTL, UTS, etc..... :D
Why get stuck with a box of crap when you can find the finest they have to offer. Just my .02 cents on the idea. :)
Goto the Cigar Aficionado site, and look at their fake cuban section. Read and reread the info until you get a good idea of what to look for. You cannot buy AF products in DomRep. If so, they were exported and then imported, so they will be very expensive. Do not buy Opus there, they will mos likely be fakes. I will return your PM in a coupla hours from work.

Emo

I have had fakes that I knew were fakes after I purchased (Live and Learn). Some smoked OK but more often they were a huge waste of time. I would never buy fakes on purpose. They can have sticks, strings and other non tobacco products rolled into ciagrs (That's probably the safe stuff).
I agree that a good box of DR cigars would be a better play if Cuban authenticity is in question. Stick with an authorized Habanos dealer if you decide to purchase.
JMHO

Now I remember... If you like the ocassional typical light bodied Dominican cigar, there is a shop in Santo Domingo that make a cigar called Oryon. It has a cheezie yellow band with red lettering. They come bundled in rolls of 20 or 25. I do believe I got mine for $14.00. Nothing spectacular about this cigar. Kinda loose roll, but they burned great, and tasted ok. But for the price, they are worth it. Hell, that's how much one of those glass top Cohibas cost. LOL

Emo