• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

fan assisted humidifier in desk top.

Humidor Minister

Someone asked me about using a fan assisted humidifier in a desk top like an Oasis. I would think it could saturate some cigars in the humi so I recommended a Heart felt humidifier. I figured I'd ask my fellow experts if anyone has done this successfully just in case I'm wrong about this.

The active humidifiers doesn't spray water into the air like a spray bottle,for example, would do.
They just produce moist in the air from the wet sponge inside.

I dont think that the cigars will be too wet at some point,the humidifier
suppose to keep the RH at an optimal level.

It can be overkill, but many people use them and they work fine in desktops.....

I think a passive system is just fine for a desktop size humidor. I'd prefer to use a good bead setup (like the Heartfelt you mentioned) and save the room a fan would occupy for more cigars.

To each their own though.

That's the other thing that concerned me. Those humidifiers use the green foam. I'm not sure that the foam regulates humidity. Heartfelt on the other hand, are very good at regulating humidity. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't the fan powered humidifiers that use the green foam, put out a higher humiity and regulate by turning off and on? If so, it seems that it could saturate cigars that are close to the output of the device?

I'm with you, I just feel more comfortable with a passive device. I think this is good info for those considering other methods though.

I use an Oasis in my desk top Humi and I love it! I have never had a saturation problem with the cigars near the unit and you can adjust the humidity level to exactly what you like. GL!

I use an Oasis in my desk top Humi and I love it! I have never had a saturation problem with the cigars near the unit and you can adjust the humidity level to exactly what you like. GL!

I use one in my 300 count with no issues.
Yes it does use the green foam, but that is just as a medium to hold the water. The one I use is a
"Set and Forget" in as much as any electric device can be. Have it dialed in at 66% and no worries.
Fan pulls the humid air out of the foam canister/base and circulates it around the humi. I also have an extra fan wired to it on the top tray to help move the air up there around too.

Hope that helps
T

edit for typo