• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fan setup for Wineador

Kxthor911

What type of setup do you all run in your wineadors?

Is it better to run the fan constantly or to have it switch on and off with a timer? If a timer is better what do I need to set that up?

Did you run your power for the fan up thru the drain hole? If so what can i use to seal it afterward? If silicone please be specific on what type.

Also is a certain type of digital Hygrometer that is more accurate?

1. I don't use a fan in my wineador. I feel that opening the door allows for enough air movement, I usually open the door for about 10 seconds every few days (unless I am trying to figure out what to smoke that night).

ETA - I think most people are using computer cooling fans in their setups. They are inexpensive, and move air really well.

2. If you do run a fan, you will probably want it on a timer. Run for like 10 mins or so a few times a day. I would imagine that any lamp type timer would be fine for your setup.

3. I ran extra lights in my wineador. I was able to use the existing hole that was made by the manufacturer for the electrical wires to run through. I sealed it up after running my wires with aquarium sealant (http://www.amazon.co...quarium sealant)

4. This is more a personal preference thing. I have two digital hygrometers in my setup (I think the are Xikar). One is in the upper section of the humi, the second is in the lower section. I find there is a few RH points difference, but it doesn't bother me any.

ETA - The fans would probably help with the RH difference, but not sure how much.

Hope that helps.

I have an Oust fan which I am sure doesn't do anything except just sit there. I also put two computer fans in the back that I turn on when I remember. Other than that I just open the door everyday when I walk by, check the humidity, and then close it.

[quote name='chiefmd' timestamp='1359387048' post='1123034']I have an Oust fan which I am sure doesn't do anything except just sit there. I also put two computer fans in the back that I turn on when I remember. Other than that I just open the door everyday when I walk by, check the humidity, and then close it.[/quote]<br /><br />How do you turn them on and off

I have an Oust fan which I am sure doesn't do anything except just sit there. I also put two computer fans in the back that I turn on when I remember. Other than that I just open the door everyday when I walk by, check the humidity, and then close it.

What type of power supply do you use? How do you turn them on and off? How did you run the wire to the fans?

1. I don't use a fan in my wineador. I feel that opening the door allows for enough air movement, I usually open the door for about 10 seconds every few days (unless I am trying to figure out what to smoke that night).

ETA - I think most people are using computer cooling fans in their setups. They are inexpensive, and move air really well.

2. If you do run a fan, you will probably want it on a timer. Run for like 10 mins or so a few times a day. I would imagine that any lamp type timer would be fine for your setup.

3. I ran extra lights in my wineador. I was able to use the existing hole that was made by the manufacturer for the electrical wires to run through. I sealed it up after running my wires with aquarium sealant (http://www.amazon.co...quarium sealant)

4. This is more a personal preference thing. I have two digital hygrometers in my setup (I think the are Xikar). One is in the upper section of the humi, the second is in the lower section. I find there is a few RH points difference, but it doesn't bother me any.

ETA - The fans would probably help with the RH difference, but not sure how much.

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir for a very thoughtful and well wrote response. It helped alot. Maybe I won't worry with the fans and just seal the hole. Then open the door every couple of days. Thanks again.

You are welcome.

FYI - IIRC the Oust fans are battery operated. I think they have been discontinued.

Yes sir I did not plan on using an oust fan. Wasn't sure how much air it circulated but did not want to replace batteries all the time.

My Oasis XL plus, has the fan kit, but I don't like the fact they run constantly.
Wish it was more of a timer, but I do plug them in every few days to keep the AirFlow, and run them for a few hours.