• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Nascar

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
I've got a little Fantasy Nascar Yahoo league and I figured there might be some interest among CP'ers. Anyone is welcome to join, although I'd like to restrict wagering to people who have been active members of CP for at least 6 months.

Basically, you pick eight drivers per week (two from the top tier, four from the middle of the pack, and two cellar-dwellers), and you must choose one of your stars, two mid-level guys, and one scrub to start for the week. You can only start each driver a maximum of nine times per year, so there's some minor element of strategy (and luck) involved.

No entry fee required, though if you're interested in wagering cigars, I'd ask that you commit to doing so for all three portions (spring/summer/fall) of the season so that everyone with something on the line has to use the same sort of strategy since betting on less than the full season would give a pretty unfair advantage in terms of cherry-picking drivers and allocations compared to those people participating for all three segments.

Optional cigar wager is a fiver of premium (~$10+) cigars for each third of the season. Let me know before the green flag at Daytona if you're planning on wagering.

There's a new "drop your worst week once per segment" feature so there's more room for parity this year, so if you forget for a week or just bomb out, you're not irredeemably screwed.

Feel free to invite anyone else you'd like as long as they're not a deadbeat if they're planning on wagering.

The group name is Burnouts, the group number is 15380, and the password is rubber.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/group/15380

Bump.

Just to be clear, wagering cigars isn't required--you can participate just for the hell of it if you want to.

Deadline to sign up and set your roster for Daytona is Sunday at 1:25 PM EST.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sign up and give it a shot. If you hate it, then just quit--no harm, no foul. It's not going to mess things up for everyone else like it does when someone quits in the middle of other fantasy leagues.