• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Boveda RH

pulse746

For those running Boveda what do you feel is the ideal RH level. I've been running the 72% for about 3 months but my cigars are too moist for my liking. Just switched to the 69 to bring the moisture down.

I use 72's, along with 3 drymistat tubes at 70, and miscellaneous 65 and 69 travel packets from the vendors.

Setharsis said:
I use 72's, along with 3 drymistat tubes at 70, and miscellaneous 65 and 69 travel packets from the vendors.
Do you find your cigars too moist with the 72's? I did and brought it down a bit to the 69's.

Well my humidors actually hover around 69 to 70 rh and a point or two won't make much difference. It depends on the cigar too: Pardons, tatuajes, latelier are fine at 72. Most other cigars I will leave out of the humidor for a couple of hours before smoking (I'll do this for padrons, tats, and Lats too though).

I've recently found that the 72% packs are making my cigars too moist in the summer time.  Now I'm considering the 69% packs.

I love 69! Oh...wait...what are we talking about again?

I'm glad to hear people go w around 65-67%.  As I posted in another thread I got worried when my homemade humidor was coming in at a stable 65%.   Still around 63-64 F.

65% here

You'll notice too that people in cooler drier climates (ahem, Orange County, CA) usually use higher RH, while people in hotter and more humid climates use lower. This isn't always true but mostly. It also depends on the seal of your humidor. Tupperdore usuers tend to prefer lower RH packs due to stability, while desktop users use higher RH packs due to leakage. It also depends on the sticks, NC is usually higher RH, Habanos usually lower. According to Habanos SA ideal temp / humidity is 61-64°F and 65-70% RH. Bear in mind that RH of 70% at 64°F is considerably drier than RH 70% at 70°F.