• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite cocktails

classyndry

on injured reserve
Lately I've been drinking a lot of old fashions. When its been a bit nicer outside, or when I just have a craving, I've made a few juleps. Every once in a while, I'll try to make this tiki drink a local restaurant has called the Suffering Bastard. What is your favorite, or current favorite cocktail?

Perfect Manhattan - always a good go-to. It uses equal parts sweet and dry vermouth, so it's a bit crisper than a regular Manhattan. As far as whiskey goes, I usually have it with bourbon or Canadian whiskey.

For Summer Drinks love Grey Goose or Bombay Saphire and soda with a nice big wedge of lime. Also really like what has come to be known as the Perfect Margarita Recipe Includes:

1 1/2 ounces tequila (Don Julio Blanco or a decent Blanco or Anejo)
1/2 ounce Grand Marnier (Cointreau, Gran Gala etc)
2 lime wedges one squeezed into shaker and one garnishing the glass.

Can also splash some Lemonade or OJ depending on taste. Excellent drink I usually make doubles just note it is very high octane.

My parents generation was into cocktails. My folks and their friends would only have two drinks a week, usually on a Sunday, but oh what fun they seemed to have mixing their brandy Alexanders and what not. I think it's a lost art. Personally I love Martinis, both gin and vodka, and Manhattans.

Doc.

Vodka Paralyzer:

Fill a tall glass with ice and add
1-1/2 ounces vodka
1-1/2 ounces Kahlua
1-1/2 ounces Coke (or other cola)(some people also use root beer)
Milk to top off

Add the ingredients in this order to keep the milk from curdling and stir.

It's like a White Russian but with a little Coke to cut the creaminess...delicious!!

Typically I drink beer or straight whisk(e)y, but I enjoy a Manhattan iced tea from time to time.

Grey Goose & Soda with a big lime wedge.

My parents generation was into cocktails. My folks and their friends would only have two drinks a week, usually on a Sunday, but oh what fun they seemed to have mixing their brandy Alexanders and what not. I think it's a lost art. Personally I love Martinis, both gin and vodka, and Manhattans.

Doc.

So true!

My bartending skills are in sore need of practice. I tend to make drinks that are easy (couple of parts) and over ice. But I'd really like to learn how to mix up some classic cocktails or martinis.

Recently a friend of mine recommended a drink called an "Uncle Pete" named after his uncle, Pete. It's Meyers dark rum, orange juice, wedge of lime and a splash of apple juice. Apparently when Uncle Pete used to mix one up, he'd declare "Damn, that's good!" like it was the first he'd ever had. The funny thing, it IS good! It's a simple but tasty drink.

BR

Pegu Club, Aviation, Jasmine, and if I'm trying to imbibe, Gin and Tonic.

Fair to say that I like gin.

I drink almost everything the same way: rocks, half booze half club soda.

But I make a mean mojito, a killer Bloody Mary, and will occasionally have a vodka tonic and lime.

Every once in awhile I have a 70's flashback and make a Tequila Sunrise. :whistling:

One drink that I like a lot but usually only have during Yule is a Scotch Bear, or as I call it, "What's under the kilt?" (Bare Scot!) It's a shot of Scotch and a shot of Barenjager on the rocks. Good drink.

~Boar

I make the correct Perfect Manhattan with RYE since bourbon as we know it wasn't around when the cocktail was invented. Using Canadian is sacrilege.

Of course, my Killer Bloody Mary is known around here too.

I like Gin and Vodka Martini's
Gin and Tonic's
Gin Gimlets
Rum Mojito's
Old Fashioned's
Mint Julep's
and Cosmo's.

...... I don't really have a favorite, I like all of these at different times. :)

Depends on my mood and the time of year.

...... Oh yeah, Margarita's too.

I make the correct Perfect Manhattan with RYE since bourbon as we know it wasn't around when the cocktail was invented. Using Canadian is sacrilege.

Of course, my Killer Bloody Mary is known around here too.

Well then I will have to try it with rye. Thanks for the correction

I am all about a Dirty Vodka Martini (dirtier the better) with three regular olives.

But I am always game for a good stout.