• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Figurado?

EmDub23

I'm looking at purchasing a couple boxes pretty soon but I can't decide what to go with? Right now it's between the Monte#2, BBF, and Dip#2. I'm looking for one that ages well. I have about $500 to spend on two boxes and one of them I want to get a figurado. Any suggestions on either the fig or a combination?

EmDub23 said:
I'm looking at purchasing a couple boxes pretty soon but I can't decide what to go with? Right now it's between the Monte#2, BBF, and Dip#2. I'm looking for one that ages well. I have about $500 to spend on two boxes and one of them I want to get a figurado. Any suggestions on either the fig or a combination?
All '03s - or do you have options for things with a few years on them? My answer would really change depending on that info.

I really like the Diplomaticos from around 2000/2001 - they are smoking quite well right now. The Dip#2 and the Monte#2 are pretty similar cigars, IMO (at least from the years I've smoked them) - the blend seems pretty similar, but I think the Dip has less spice than the Monte but better body overall.

I think the 03 bolivars need a few years - whereas the Monte's and Dips are both smoother out of the box, probably just a factor of the bolivars being a bit stronger in general? All of them benefit from age, but the Monte's and Dips are both nice out of new boxes.

To choose 2 boxes out of regular production torps for a budget of $500, I would get some Bolivars from 2000 and some VR Unicos from '99. Older than that, and your budget gets blown. If I was confined to 03 stock, and wanted to smoke them soon, then I'd probably stick with the Monte OR the Dip and maybe get some RyJ Belicosos as well.

Just my 2-cents. I am a figurado/torp/piramide/belicosos whore, though... :thumbs:

Cheers,

- Oak

03 R&J beli's eh? Hmmmmm, I haven't had one of those yet! :p :D :sign: ROFLMAO!

Go with a cab of Sancho Panza Belis. They're very tasty with little age on them and a great value to boot. If you can find some '01 Monte 2's they are smoking great right now too. And don't forget the Hoyo Pyramides EL's. Get 'em while you can :thumbs:

ryj celestiales finos
i am not a "large" cigar fan and this is a handmade perfecto shape.

derrek :)

lucasbuck said:
Go with a cab of Sancho Panza Belis. They're very tasty with little age on them and a great value to boot. If you can find some '01 Monte 2's they are smoking great right now too. And don't forget the Hoyo Pyramides EL's. Get 'em while you can :thumbs:
Not to thread jack - but how would you describe the Sancho Panza Belis - what kind of taste profile, how strong, etc? I've actually never smoked any Sancho Panza for some reason - I'm not sure why - just never heard anything one way or the other about the brand since I've taken up the burning leaf...

- Oak