• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Poker Night Cigar

TOFan

I am playing in my first poker game tonight!!! What is your favorite cigar to smoke while staring at your pocket aces. I’ll be puffing away on a Cuaba Divinos.

A large cigar, I am partial to the Bolivar Coronas Gigantes or Gurka Ledgend perfecto.

I typically start off with something in the medium-bodied range to begin with. Then I move on to something stronger for the follow-up stick. The exact line-up is usually different from game to game depending on what I have the urge to smoke.

I prefer larger sized cigars that I can just light and forget when playing poker...

I hear ya. Right now all I have are the Divinos. I plan on bringing a few of them, hopefully I'll be in the game for a long time.

moki said:
I prefer larger sized cigars that I can just light and forget when playing poker...
[snapback]287168[/snapback]​

Last poker game I smoked an anejo. We play with a couple non-smokers, so I only had one for the night.

moki said:
[snapback]287168[/snapback]​

Too true, Andrew. Wasn't the PI Chief your favorite?

I've not had the chance, yet. I plan on going for a Monte #2 and either a LFD Chisel or Opus A, though. I wouldn't be averse to an Anaconda or Gurkha GM Dos Capos either.

-K-

Padron 1926, Anejo, OpusX, IT Super Fuerte (mad), various Rocky Patel's and Fuente's. I usually have a good stick an OK stick instead of 2 higher end sticks, but if I'm having a good night I'll go crazy :p Although most of my games are in no-smoking houses.

Had ane of the "A" size RP Vintage 1990's and a monte #2 during the SuperBowl multi-table game this past weekend, and I gave an ISOM to the bar owner when I first got there (I figured it's the least I could do since I don't drink and it's smart to be on the ride side of the bar owner who loves cigars - plus he has 2 attractive daughters, one of them bartending ;) )

Well… I ended up loosing $50. :( It was a tough game; I was the only non-lawyer playing. And I was the only “rookie”. Everyone there knew each other and had played with each other about 15 times. I’ll chock it up as a learning experience and next time I’ll win my money back. :) The Cuaba Divinos was tasty but was it was way too small for a night of poker.

Count me in the DC\churchill club. I like to smoke the JR Ultimate Cab 30s and 70s during poker.

JK

I also go for the larger cigars when playing but usually don't get too fancy since my concentration is on the game and not the smoke.

I just had a punch punch (nc) from 2002 last night that was excellent! I think it would make a wonderful poker night cigar.

AVB gives sage advice, especially if you are drinking adult beverages to boot. Now if only I could find a poker game where they play 5 stud, 7 stud and 5 draw instead of that new-fangled flop down the river crap.