• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fay is gone, but not forgotten

jgohlke

My other hobby
We had a trailer load of downed branches mostly from our yard, but a few from the neighbors on both sides. My wife offered to ride along and help with the unloading (I loaded it all). We actually went to the local transfer station. In case they don't have these where you live or you've never had the pleasure....It's a giant 2 story building. Open topped semi-trailers are parked on the first floor right below big slits in the 2nd floor. You drive up a hill, into the building on the 2nd floor and dump your stuff on the concrete floor. A wheeled bucket loader pushes the stuff across the floor into the slits and it falls into the trucks below...which haul it to the dump.

Needless to say, it's not a place you want to linger, particularly on a hot summer day. We paid our $4, got in and partially unloaded, when I heard my wife shriek. There's no telling what's running around so I rush over and ask her if she is ok. She holds her up her foot (she's wearing sandals) and says "I got dump water on my foot". Of course the floor is covered in a dark, wet goo....and some of that goo is now smeared on my lovely wife's foot. I tell her "I thought sandals were an interesting choice for the dump...Why don't you hop in the drivers seat and pull the truck a bit for me?"

After I finished unloading and got the trailer swept out, I hopped in the truck. My wife had found some napkins and cleaned her foot....she said, "I didn't think the dump would be so juicy!"

Flatlanders! Woodchuck women wear Chippewa boots to the dump and, they go by themselves.

Doc.

I totally lucked out here in Jax. The storm really died down by the time it hit us, and watching the radar we had the weak side of the storm move over us as it went north, and after a few rotations over us the weak side was to our east as the storm went west. Extremely lucky looking at St Augistine , and Melborn. We really just got a few days of rain and the winds never went past about 40kts. We get worse thunderstorms in the afternoons.

With all crap old Stephany Abrams has been spewing the week prior to the storm, and all the way through you would have thought FL would have been wiped off the map. I guess that is how they get ratings.

I am glad it's over anyway.

Mike

We've been getting it since about 9 this am. Slow all day soaker into tomorrow. Flash flood watches all day. But, yeh AKmik the Weather Channel really cashed in on this one. What would have happened if it were a Cat 3 or 4.
I started smokin a Don Pepin Black a little while ago to relax and watch the rain fall sipping a nice cab.

David