• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fernet...What are your thoughts?

broblues

planning and plotting
My niece spent a lot of time schooling in South America and hooked up with a young man from Argentina.

During our family Christmas to-do, he asked me to try Branca brand Fernet.

Being an old drunk from way back, I wanted to actually taste the liquor neat before I tried his drink of choice. The liquor was a combination of many flavors and had a very strong presence of alcohol flavor. I believe it was 78 proof (39%).

After my tasting of the raw liquor, I went ahead and let him make me his drink of choice, a 1 to 7 or 8 mix of Fernet to Coke.

I am not a mix drinker by choice, but must say the Coke behaved like it was make for this concoction. I was pleasantly surprised how the sweetness of the Coke enhanced and calmed the flavors of the Fernet.

It is definately a coctail I will try again and would recommend to anybody. But, the sweetness makes it not a choice for me to enjoy a cigar with.

What are your thoughts?

Steve

Fernet Branca is an Italian Herbal Liqueur along the lines of Benedictine, Jagermeister, Riga Black etc etc.and is usually drank straight as a digestif.