• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fidel Castro Resigns

About time!

My link

Hopefully this sets the ball in motion to open up trade.

There was an article recently were he stated that after his last illness, he turned the reins over.

They were his words. Even folks there were suprised to hear it.

Good luck to his son. A new start for an old country. Hopefully for the better. This ends my salute to Cuba......Please Fidel, send me some cigars!!!!!

I may be wrong, but I think he just resigned from the Communist Party position that he held. He remains the country's president. Though, this may well be the ground work for a new presidential administration.

I may be wrong, but I think he just resigned from the Communist Party position that he held. He remains the country's president. Though, this may well be the ground work for a new presidential administration.

We'll have to wait for John to chime in!

LINKY

Interesting news, wouldn't be the first instance of great change being promised and not delivered :D

His brother Raul took over the Presidency the last time Fidel was in the hospital. Fidel is just resigning from the party chair. There will be no real change resulting from this action.

Cuba opening up to the US will bring REAL change to the cigar industry.

Cuba opening up to the US will bring REAL change to the cigar industry.

There's a good chance of it in the distant future. Obama has twice loosened travel restrictions to Cuba. If Cuba comes around and makes a sign of good faith, then the trade embargo might be temporarily lifted. There's a decent chance of this happening within the next ten years.

Every time we get ready to open the doors Cuba screws up and does something to halt us.

Every time we get ready to open the doors Cuba screws up and does something to halt us.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=10921

It hurts us as well.

The American Farm Bureau estimates that Cuba could eventually become a $1 billion agricultural export market for products of U.S. farmers and ranchers. The embargo stifles another $250 million in potential annual exports of fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides and tractors. According to a study by the U.S. International Trade Commission, the embargo costs American firms a total of $700 million to $1.2 billion per year. Farmers in Texas and neighboring states are among the biggest potential winners. One study by Texas A&M University estimated that Texas ranks fifth among states in potential farm exports to Cuba, with rice, poultry, beef and fertilizer the top exports.

the father steps down but the son steps up? nothing is gonna change in cuba.