• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

finally a blend..

mitchshrader

hard to swallow..:)

I did a little shuffling of my stock, moved out two of the extras, and of course had to fill the holes.

Dalwhinnie 90, FINALLY I found a bottle..

and Johnny Walker Gold, jes' cause I'd never tasted it.

I'm going to test it for bottle rot now.. :)

first impression: if it was 100 proof, it'd be decent whisky. not bad for yankee booze..

Johnny Walker is "Yankee booze"?

huh? Could you please explain?

I think he means made for the American market although it is available world wide. Just guessing.

ahh, well, it's awfully Civilized, and watered, and doesn't seem to be rebellious or arguementative..

i have to call it yankee, it's not redneck, and what else is there?

EDIT: Followup.. That JW Gold went down like the gas gauge on a new dually truck.. I'm Not going to buy any more booze that evaporates overnight like that. It's a crying shame I can't complain to the distillery and get it replaced, cause there oughta be a LAW that booze didn't drink that easy.

I am really complaining, here.. the booze was very smooth, and very tasty, but being used to 'Non-chill filtered' and stronger proof, I drank a BUNCH getting the full taste. The nose was weak, the finish was weak, the first mouthfeel was soft.. only the very middle of the swallow had full flavor.

This is where the real flavor hungry scotch fan will go wrong.. cause the darn stuff drinks like water. I had a couple inches in the bottle when I woke up.. :blush:

and unfortunately, I don't think my kids drank any of it, either.. :whistling: