• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally Constant Readings in Humi

smokinfish

After calibrating my hygrometers I could never get my humi to stay at or near 65%. My humi holds 500 smokes and is pretty full. I've had a Cigar Oasis in the humi since the beginning and have never been able to keep the upper 2 trays at a stable %. I've used the Diamond Crown systems in the upper trays and could never get the rh right. I finally threw them out and bought some 65% beads from Heartfelt and placed a shot glass full of beads in each tray and run the Cigar Oasis at 66% and bingo. It's held steady at 65 for 3 weeks now.

If anyone is having problems with their humidors rh give Heartfelt Beads a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks to all on this board for all the information on the subject,

D

Smokinfish,

Do you recommend simply the beads or do you think the round humidifier w/ beads works just as well? Since I am going to be taking out my floral foam humidifier, I'd like to replace the spot with the beads, if possible.

Secondly, I see you got the 65% RH beads. I've read a lot about maintaining at 70%. What is your reason for going with the 65% RH beads?

Thanks for the insight. All the best.

Joseph

Welcome to CP first of all Joseph!

Firstly, I can also vouch for the Heartfelt beads. I always had humidity problems until I went with the beads. My opinion, and the opinion of many of the BOTL's here, is that they are probably the best form of RH regulation you can get. Definitely ditch the foam humidifier, go with beads only. I think there is a round humidifier with beads in it if you check heartfelt.com if you want to replace what you have. Viper from Heartfelt is a member here feel free to PM him he's always more than helpful.

Secondly, if you do a quick search you'll find that the topic of 65% vs. 70% has been covered extensively, with good arguments coming from both sides. Also some argue for 60%. Since my Vinotemp tends to range from 63% on the bottom to 69% on the top, I tend not to worry too much about the RH differences and smoke away anyway!

Smokinfish,

Do you recommend simply the beads or do you think the round humidifier w/ beads works just as well? Since I am going to be taking out my floral foam humidifier, I'd like to replace the spot with the beads, if possible.

Secondly, I see you got the 65% RH beads. I've read a lot about maintaining at 70%. What is your reason for going with the 65% RH beads?

Thanks for the insight. All the best.

Joseph

I have the larger sized round humidifier in a 100 count desktop humi, and it is holding steady at 66%-67%. I went with this over the system that came with the humi based on my reading here on this board. I don't think the way the beads are deployed in the humi matters as long as there is sufficient surface area exposed to the air. Someone with more experience can comment on that aspect of it better than I, as I have only used the round one linked to above.

I went with the 65% over 70%, again because of my reading here. It's fairly humid where I live (Texas) most of the time, that combined with the many members here who prefer 65% RH convinced me to do the same.

Aaron