• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

finally got my new humi

siva66

after 2 weeks and one lost shipment i finally received my new humidor. it's the 125ct tuscany which should suit me fine. as for seasoning it, from what i've read the preferred method is to not wipe it down, but to just put a glass of distilled water inside and let it season that way. any thoughts on this, or if there is another possibly better method? also got a new hygrometer from radio shack, any thoughts on this one as well? thanks to everyone that has been so helpful in helping me choose my new humidor.

tuscany

new hygrometer

I use that same hygrometer in my Barrister. Nice unit. Do yourself the favor, though...do the salt calibration test. It's a real PITA to fight for 65% for weeks(or whatever you like) only to find out that you were there, and your hygrometer was just off by a few %.
Trust me.

i was actually planning on starting the salt test tonight. glad to hear that someone else has the same hygrometer and recommends it.

smokelaw1 said:
I use that same hygrometer in my Barrister. Nice unit. Do yourself the favor, though...do the salt calibration test. It's a real PITA to fight for 65% for weeks(or whatever you like) only to find out that you were there, and your hygrometer was just off by a few %.
Trust me.
[snapback]251652[/snapback]​

good advice...

I have that very same unit. I tested it, and it was dead nuts accurate.