• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally got my vinotemp set up with MT's shelves

Flushnutz

Thought I was share. I am really loving Mt's shelves and now the vino has the wonderful smell when I open it.
P2240673.jpg

P2280002.jpg

Looking good man, can't wait to get myself a vino, should be any week now!

Very nice looking set up.

Do you think you need that quantity of beads in there? Seems like you could get more room for smokes, especially down on the bottom shelf. Not a criticism, just a curiousity.

Nice!

My Vinotemp was supposed to be shipped last Tuesday.
Should get it at the end of next week, I think.

Looking forward to setting it up.

Thanks for the photos. Sweet looking setup. :thumbs:

Chemyst :cool:

In my vinotemp I never store smokes on the bottom shelf I feel like if there is going to any condensation it will be down there so I just store beads on the bottom but that just me. Anyone else have any thoughts? Oh and the vinotemp looks great man!!!!!!!

That's really a sweet setup!
How many beads you got there?
Looks like a ton.

Thanks for all the comments. I probably don't need that many beads, but I don't need the extra room right now and I have it set up so any condensation will drain into the beads.

Keep your eye out for the condensation, I have none with mine.. So I have a very shallow bowl (from Italian takeout) this way my bottom shelf is in the very bottom slot.. You will need that room in time..... most likely. :D

Keep your eye out for the condensation, I have none with mine.. So I have a very shallow bowl (from Italian takeout) this way my bottom shelf is in the very bottom slot.. You will need that room in time..... most likely. :D

Heh. Mine is from Thai takeout.

No condensation in mine either, but it's always a good idea to keep an eye out of course.

Looks great Dennis.

Regarding condensation; Place 1/2 pound of the beads in a mesh bag(you can make one out of a cheap pair of pantyhose). Place a piece of black electrical tape over the drain hole on the bottom. Put the 1/2 pound of beads over the drain hole. Any condensation that forms will drip down(actually just runs down the back wall) and be reabsorbed by the beads.

I keep another 1/2 pound of beads in the top section. I've only need 1 pound of beads in my Vinotemp. I haven't had to add any humidity to the beads in almost a year. It's been steady at 65%.

Looks nice! As others said, be careful. I ran a little 8 bottle one that had to run 24/7 because I dont run my AC in the summer here in vegas, and it got all kinds of liquid in it.

Nice setup. I just bought one today as a matter of fact and it should be at my door on Wed. Never thought I would need more storage but just last week I pretty much filled up my small cabinet humidor so the slope continues.

Looks nice! As others said, be careful. I ran a little 8 bottle one that had to run 24/7 because I dont run my AC in the summer here in vegas, and it got all kinds of liquid in it.

So during the winter do you not have it plugged up? I am not sure I understand?

So during the winter do you not have it plugged up? I am not sure I understand?

This past summer I didn't start running my AC until I got my Chinchilla (they hate high temps more than cigars do), in late August. Prior to that, I had an 8 bottle cooler that was plugged in, and simply had my humidor sitting inside of it, which worked perfectly.

However, it was running 24/7 because it was so hot, water pooled in the bottom, got my humidor wet and grew mold.

I no longer run the cooler because it's winter, and I keep my room below 80 degrees for the Chinchilla

I haven't had any problems with condensation yet, but I covered a piece of cardboard with electrical tape and taped it to the back wall to funnel the water into the beads. Similar to this.