• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally putting the new logo to good use

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
So I'm finally starting to feel a little better (been fighting a cold for too long now) and decided to get off my butt and do a little update to the site. I added Moki's logo in the corner of the page. check it out at My Webpage
I tightened up the cell bordering the logo and text on the right. Whatcha think? Should I put the blank space in above and below the logo like I used to have it?

Suggestions? Comments? LOL, can you believe I'm still asking for your criticism after all that you guys did last time?

LMAO,
Dave ;)

The grey background looks a bit plain, but less is more :) (so they say)

Looks good Dave!

I don't want to stir the pot too much, but here are my suggestions: Give the logo a little more space above and below it. Consider making the header white to make the logo "Pop" out.

Also, I don't know how involved you want to get, but you might want to consider making the link-menu reflect the look of your ad. By that I mean, make the bottom one black, the next one less black and add a little blue, and so on until the top one which will be all blue.

Lastly, I can send you the "keyboard" from your ad if you want to use it as a background on your site.

I just figure, if people see the ad and it encourages them to visit your site, you want to give them a familiar looking design. I think the way it is now has some good familiar elements (the logo, and the blue link menu). But, if you want to take it a little further I think it would be worth it.

Frank

DaveWF said:
Suggestions? Comments? LOL, can you believe I'm still asking for your criticism after all that you guys did last time?
Glad the logo is workin' out for you. As for the comments/criticism, given that the majority of the voters here told you to stay with your first home-brewed ad and logo, I'm not saying a damn word. ;)

lbrief said:
I don't want to stir the pot too much, but here are my suggestions: Give the logo a little more space above and below it. Consider making the header white to make the logo "Pop" out.
Like THIS?

I'm not too sure about the white.... Opinions?

Dave ;)

DaveWF said:
I'm not too sure about the white.... Opinions?

Dave ;)
I like it, the logo stands out nicely.
I just emailed you the keyboard background.
I think the white header on your site will look even better once you drop the keyboard in (I assume you're gonna replace the grey background with the keyboard. If you do, it will look really awsome IMHO). :D

I'm concerned about having the keyboard repeat over and over on the page.... any suggestions? I just hate tile effects.

Dave ;)

DaveWF said:
I'm concerned about having the keyboard repeat over and over on the page.... any suggestions? I just hate tile effects.

Dave ;)
I wouldn't repeat it. I thought you would just use it as one giant background (the same way it appears in your ad.) :)

The image I emailed you is: 2405 x 1603 pixels, I figure that is much larger than the viewing area in anybody's web-browser. (BTW, This is pretty cool: to determine the viewing area that you are currently using, click: http://www.4guys.com/test_page2.html ).

Anyway, I'm not a web programer per se, so I don't know exactly how you anchor the graphic as a background. (maybe just mimic the source code from that "test_page2" link?). Can anyone jump in here?

If the 2405 x 1603 is TOO big, I can resize it and re-send it to you. :thumbs:

not sure I like the keyboard background. Maybe lighten it up as the text is not easily read now

I agree with Gunpowder.. the transparency needs to be increased about 30-35%

Edit: Also I would suggest going with a hard-cap on the width using a layout table... say 780 pixels.

I can lighten it up a little, but I have the table set to a percentage, instead of a specific width, so it will auto-fit itself to whatever size window the viewer is using.

Also, I'm sure a few of you have noticed, my buttons on the left side are now plain text links... I'm working on it. Something funky is happening with my web host so I currently cannot use FrontPage (which is what I use) to update my webpage. Rest assured I have some nice looking buttons all ready to go, I just can't update them. <sigh>

Dave ;)

I think it's great as is as of 10:30 PST. Is it me, or does anyone else read the logo as HDWF? The crack is really good quality here.....

I like it, it's just a little hard to read the words with the liteness of the lettering. Darden it up a bit, or soften the background and I think it will look great (with your new buttons). :D