• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally!

dpenix76

After a lot of practice,I have finally figured out how to properly tamp and light my pipe! :thumbs: I almost gave up on it and put it down for a couple months,then I brought it back out and boom!Now I can smoke an entire bowl usually without having to relight.My main problem was overpacking the bowl so the tobacco wouldnt burn.Now as soon as my tongue heals up from being raw I will be in good shape. :laugh:

It seems like it takes awhile to learn how tight to pack new tobacco. You will find that, depending on the moisture of the bakky, you will need to tamp lighter.

Learning how is part of the fun!

Great! Pipin' definitely takes a lot more skill that smokin' a 'gar. Glad it's working out. I feel ya on the tongue bite, did that to myself a few times, hehe.

I hear ya.....took me a few tries too. But now I think I got the hang of it.

Sometimes I blow lightly through the pipe to keep it lit; but blow very very very lightly or you'll get ash all over the place. :) And when you're trying to concentrate on your poker hand it really sucks..... :p

The only downside is that nasty wad of wet tobacco at the bottom of the bowl.Now that is some nasty shit. ;)

If you find you're getting wet dottle in the heel of your pipe try drying the tobacco a bit before smoking. Just spread out a bowl full on a piece of paper and let it air dry a hour or two.

Disclaimer: This method will not work with tobacco cased with
PG, that is most aromatics.

Smoking today 2 year old Haddo's in a Don Carlos Volcano = heaven :love: