• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fire by Indian Tabac

emodx

Banned
I just finished a toro sized Fire by Indian Tabac. Now this is a good cigar for the price! It burned evenly, but never straight. Started with a nice soft grassy flavor on top of the good tabac flavor. Went on to become a nutty cigar at the nub. This cigar gets 2 thumbs up. For the price it is a no brainer. Funny thing is I am not a big Indian Tabac fan. I think they are on to something. I see at CigarIntl they are on sale. FWIW I say buy some.

Emo

I'm slowly working my way through all those, I had never had anything by Indian Tabac before, so that's why I jumped that this chance. So far the only one I've smoked was the Super Fuerte Natural Corona Grande, and it wasn't all that impressive. Not a bad flavor, but a little grassy, and a bit bitter, nothing unexpected really. The only thing that irked my was the construction. The thing seemed to literally unravel into nothing while I tried to smoke it. ???

But on the plus side, the Rosa Cubas were the best cigar line I've ever had that cost less than $3. I've been looking for a good cheap smoke for a while, and these can't be beat at seventy-five cents each.

The last expensive smoke I had was the 92 Rocky Patel super grand limited special reserve or whatever adjectives they through into it. The thing was ultra smooth and tasted nice - but that was it. Impeccable construction, flawless wrapper, beautiful band, but a taste that didn't fit such a beautiful stick or the $8.50 I gave the local cigar shoppe. Buying singles and shooting the sh|t with the employees at the local shops has always been worth the extra cost on the smokes though from what I have learned.

I have picked up quite a few other Indian Tabac products in auctions the past 2 weeks including the "ultimate sampler", some Horsepower 250s and 350's, and some Puck cigars. The Cameroon Legend Gorilla that came in the sampler is absolutely beautiful. I am anxious to try them all out. I

haven't won an auction on the Fire lately, but based on your positive review I will up my bids a bit.

Matt

I've had good experiences with the Indian Tabac maduros but I have read quite a few negative comments about their "Horsepower" line.

Just got my 5+3 sampler this weekend... looking forward to trying the Fire this week sometime - and I'll post comments when I do.

Anticipation is most of the fun......

Treamayne said:
Just got my 5+3 sampler this weekend... looking forward to trying the Fire this week sometime - and I'll post comments when I do.

Anticipation is most of the fun......
Let it rest a week to give it fair judgement.
Emo

emodx said:
Let it rest a week to give it fair judgement.
Emo
Good call.... I'll give them a week or two in the Humi to acclimate to Okinawa.

'til then I have some LVH-EY I got a couple weeks ago calling my name....

I tried the Fire's to see what all the "Triple Fermented" fuss was about. Nothing major. An ok cigar, but I've had better from within the Indian Tabac line. PUCK's are good cigar made by Rocky and Nestor Placensia. Nice, nice cigar especially for the price and it's good to see an old Cuban brand revived. Personally though, I've got 4 of the 1990 vintage left out of my box that I had. Those, are quite, quite tasty. I was very surprised and quite pleased with picking up a box. I've not had the 92's though, but I'm sure they're probably good. Beyond that, I tend to avoid Indian Tabac products.

I really like the Super Furte's and several others are pretty good as well. I've never tried the fire, I should pick some up.

I actually had a guy send me some Horsepower 150's because he hated them so bad. He hated them and was sure he tasted sea weed in them. I was so impressed with his degree of hatred I just had to try them for myself. Once I got them though they were indeed bad, but no sea weed for me. I was so disapointed on so many levels. Disapointed they were bad but even more disapointed that they wearn't bad in a spectacular way like I had been anticipating. Oh well.