• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Firefox help

Infinity

Infinity - *Unbounded space, time, or quantity*
This morning, for some unknown reason, my mouse pointer does not change to a pointing finger on a link. This is only happening in Firefox, not iMail, not Safari.

I'm using the latest version 3.01. First I re-booted my MacBook Pro and then I reinstalled Firefox, still no change.

HELPPPPPPP!

Brian

I've run into weird quirks like this with firefox that stay for a little while and then end up fixing themselves. One thing you could do, though, is uninstall any firefox addons you may have recently added and see if that was the problem.

....those darn flaky Macs. You should get something reliable, like a Windows PC.

Did I win the flamebait prize...??... :laugh:

I've run into weird quirks like this with firefox that stay for a little while and then end up fixing themselves. One thing you could do, though, is uninstall any firefox addons you may have recently added and see if that was the problem.
Thanks Joe.

Nope, I haven't added anything lately. It was fine last night, went wrong this morning. Usually it's a user problem, like...I must have clicked something. The problem is that Fierfox preferences
does not have anything to edit in this regard. I've searched a few forums and Firefox, no help...really weird!

Brian

....those darn flaky Macs. You should get something reliable, like a Windows PC.

Ok Tom, rub it in...touche' LOL

You won, you won! Congratulations. There's some bait lying on the jetty in front of me! :sign: :laugh: :laugh:

Brian

Do you have the same problem if you start FIREFOX in safe mode?
I saw you looking Tim, Thought I'd get the answer. Instead I have to ask one, how do I load Firefox in safe mode :whistling:

Brian

I can't speak to the Mac issue, but I did have some trouble with Firefox recently re: Google Maps. Maps wouldn't work nor would any link to the maps.

I had to clear the cache and maybe the cookies (can't remember for sure if cleared cookies) to get things working again. Downside was I had to re-enter some website logon data, but everything in Firefox returned to normal for me.

It was a weird issue.

Gary

I can't speak to the Mac issue, but I did have some trouble with Firefox recently re: Google Maps. Maps wouldn't work nor would any link to the maps.

I had to clear the cache and maybe the cookies (can't remember for sure if cleared cookies) to get things working again. Downside was I had to re-enter some website logon data, but everything in Firefox returned to normal for me.

It was a weird issue.

Gary
Hey Gary.

Yep, it's really weird. I'll do what you suggest, see what happens, thanks.

Brian

Yay at least someone was saying what I was thinking :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , did you get it fixed yet Brian??

This happened to me a few times with this version on my Mac but the funny thing is if I clicked the link it still worked even when it was the arrow and not the hand. Everything is fine for me right now and that issue has not popped up again. Wish I could be more help.

This happened to me a few times with this version on my Mac but the funny thing is if I clicked the link it still worked even when it was the arrow and not the hand. Everything is fine for me right now and that issue has not popped up again. Wish I could be more help.
Yes, the links are still live. Maybe it will just go away :angry:

Brian

Thanks for all the help guys....NOT! :angry: :sign:

The good news is that it has now been sorted. I did a quick course in cobalt/ Java / and a load of other languages. Went into the source, re-wrote the entire Firefox software and...

:blush: :laugh: J/K... Usually, these days, when I close Firefox down, I save my tabs. With 3.01 it asked if you would like to save your settings. So, I closed and selected not to
save my settings and guess what, I'm a genius, I fixed it. :cool:

Just like you said Marcos, it went away...weird!

Brian