• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First bowl in "new" ebay estate pipe!

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
Well my first auction win on flebay arrived today. With shipping a whopping total of 11 dollars!!! (shipping included!) I cleaned it up and wiped it out with alcohol and set outside for some enjoyment.

I packed the pipe with the local blend #14 which is still in question as to if it is MacClellan #14, (highly, highly doubtful) and was not use to the larger pipe. I've been smoking a little mini "sport" made in Italy that is all of 3 inches with a tiny bowl. I've gotten good with it and no more tongue bite, but no such luck tonight. Right of the start I was puffing way too hard and it got me.

I quickly slowed down and began to figure it out. Wow it was a much different experience to the mini pipe. Deeper flavors (nice tobacco taste with a hint of sweet and at times fruit.) not as much overall smoke as expected, but much less finicky as the little pipe. Easier to keep going and did not have to worry about it much.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can fire up a cob I just received from Frenchy. I have to say if you are hesitant about ordering from them, don't. That is one fine place to do business with. There was a hand written personalized note in the package and he also tossed in some freebies. Overall wonderful experience.

I'm expecting my second ebay purchase to come in soon. Nothing to exciting for most, but this one cost me a total of 12 dollars (including shipping.) I'll let you know how that one goes.

Andy

Congrats on your deal!

I think I'll do the same thing to score my second pipe. It'd be nice to have a smaller bowl for flake, too.

If you are cleaning a briar pipe with alcohol, it would be best to let it dry for at least a couple of days, ideally more like four, before packing a bowl and lighting up... otherwise you stress the wood...

Nice grab! I bought my first pipe off ebay. $20 bucks shipped for a Savenelli. Great pipe..awesome smoke. Indeed that ebay has great deals.