• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Humidor - Cant adjust hygrometer?

JackImpact

Reaction score
Got a humidor with an analog hygrometer as a starter set from Thompson Cigar Company. Ive had it for a while. Followed all the instructions. but for the life of me, I cannot seem to reach the screw in the back to adjust it and when I do reach it, Its all wobbly and I cannot get it to turn! Right now I have it sitting in a plastic baggy doing the salt test.

Any thoughts? Should I just get an electronic one?

Got a humidor with an analog hygrometer as a starter set from Thompson Cigar Company. Ive had it for a while. Followed all the instructions. but for the life of me, I cannot seem to reach the screen in the back to adjust it and when I do reach it, Its all wobbly and I cannot get it to turn! Right now I have it sitting in a plastic baggy doing the salt test.

Yes. The analog one will never be right. Throw it out and get an adjustable, digital one.

Got a humidor with an analog hygrometer as a starter set from Thompson Cigar Company. Ive had it for a while. Followed all the instructions. but for the life of me, I cannot seem to reach the screen in the back to adjust it and when I do reach it, Its all wobbly and I cannot get it to turn! Right now I have it sitting in a plastic baggy doing the salt test.

Yes. The analog one will never be right. Throw it out and get an adjustable, digital one.

Any suggestions on one to purchase? Also Ive been advised to try using gel jars + distilled water?

There have been a couple of thousand threads on the subject of hygrometers, salt testing, and the pros and cons of using humidifying beads.

Spend a little time searching.....you may be surprised.

Well my original post was concerning not being able to adjust the one I had lol

and thanks tom, I didnt know there was a link, missed it!

Well my original post was concerning not being able to adjust the one I had lol
If you'd have searched, you'd have read that many analog hygrometers are not adjustable, which would explain why you couldn't adjust the one you have.

LOL.

I got the one that tom linked.

And the one I got came with instructions on how to adjust it! But the place where you put a flat head is too thin to fit even my smallest screw drivers.

Is that .99$ savings worth knowing that you took it out of the pocket of guy who runs this great site

Just a thought

Don

Is that .99$ savings worth knowing that you took it out of the pocket of guy who runs this great site

Just a thought

Don

He probably didn't know he took it out of the pocket of the guy who runs this great site.

There have been a couple of thousand threads on the subject of hygrometers, salt testing, and the pros and cons of using humidifying beads.

Spend a little time searching.....you may be surprised.

If he had taken this advice he would have

And the one I got came with instructions on how to adjust it! But the place where you put a flat head is too thin to fit even my smallest screw drivers.
Sorry, guys, but if he's too "challenged" to put the screw driver in the slot, I have serious concerns about the lad. Hope college helps......:p

FYI it was out of stock. I went to purchase it from swag FIRST, but was out of stock.

And the point im trying to make is that the screw in the back is too thin to fit any screw drivers I have into. Even he ones I use to fix electronics dont fit.

Walmart has this handy little screwdriver set for around $5, I have two sets. The thinnest flathead is 1.4mm wide.

66-052_mid_res.jpg