• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Opus X, First Anejo, First Real Post!

pittesq

OK, I first started getting into cigars about a year and a half ago. Over time I would buy what people suggested, just to get a sense of what I might like. Unfortunately (due to price), I discovered I loved Padron '26s and '64s as well as a bunch of others (too many to name). So based on reviews of other memebers I decided to buy a few opus X's and anejos (when they could be found) and I'd try them when I got around to them (LIFO). Got around to an Anejo 49 on Tues. Big Mistake! Absoultely loved it. I might try a smaller size next time since that one took over 2 hours. Still a great smoke though, from construction to burn, to complexity. Everything most of you had been saying was true. Wednesday it was time for an Opus robusto. I found it had a slightly similar smoke smell, but was also very different. And to me seemed much stronger right away (felt that one alot quicker). I really enjoyed it, but not quite as muh as the Anejo. I've heard some say that Anejo's are better out the box, but Opus's are better with some age. I look forward to finding out. :D