• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Opus X

AaronFromPA

Today was a good day

I opened my humi for a way to end it right and staring me in the face was a Feunte Feunte Opus X. I decided it was finally time to lay fire to this most hallowed of cigars.

As I sat down outside to light it I started thinking technically about the cigar. I then decided this was just silly. I will sit down to a technical review with my next X this time I was resolved to simply sit back, relax and enjoy.

As the first few puffs hit my pallet my mind began to wander. It immediatly wandered to my fellow BOTLs here at CP. First I thought about how great it has been these last seven months being able to share my cigar experiences with such a great group of guys and gals.

I then thought about CigarDawg who sent me my newbie bomb, in which was a Centurian Double X that I smoked on my wedding day. This was a great memory, to think, CigarDawg a gentleman who did not know me from any other jack sent me a cigar that made the best (and hottest) day of my life a great deal better by giving me a smoke that tops my list of favorites.

Then I thought of AVB who has given me much advise on spirits and smokes that I will always abide by...though my scotch list still limited :) A guy can dream.

Then I thought about a my recent trade with JC (Lumberg) that landed me the Opus X I am now smoking. How great of it was him to offer these to me out of his own collection for a most fair price? Saving me tons of trouble trying to find them on my own and offering two extra smokes in the package simply because that is the kind of guy he is. Thanks JC.

My thoughts then wandered to friends I have locally that I share smokes and conversations with. One of which posts here as SabresFan. A smile crossed my face as I figured the cigar I was now smoking was worth more than his whole stash :sign: . You gotta try one of these SabresFan...

I snapped back for a bit as a man walked up my street swaying from one side to another. Obviously drunk off his ass. It was an awfully chilly PA night to be making that walk alone. I know because it was not long ago I made that walk nightly.

This downer of a thought brought me to the recent events on CP. The bans and the salesmen. Always sad to see people fall from grace but we are lucky to have CoventryCat86, ggeise, and SamClemmons around to sniff out the perp like boys in CP blue. These guys deserve a big ol' thanks, there are many others as well that I know I am leaving out of the enforcement crew.

Many other thoughts crossed my mind as well. mostly entertaining to say the least. It was a great reminder that no matter how stressful life gets we can all take a few moments now and again to think about what we do have and realize the meaning behind it. Great friens, Great familly, great smokes...

Yeah

Today was a good day.

P.S. The cigar was pretty damn good too :thumbs: :love:

Thanks for reading

Nice.

It seems that you have had some good experiences out here as well as I. There are definately a bunch of great Botls out here.

Glad you enjoyed the cigar. Now you are in trouble,the quest for more begins.

Great post Aaron. Made my day! The people here at CP are the best :thumbs:.

Glad you guys enjoyed. As for the quest for more...wee shall see. It certainly was a spectacular smoke that I will not soon forget. I still have two left so I am in no hurry to buy more. The next two are much larger in ring size compared to the little guy last night so I am really looking forward to the flavor provided by the extra leaf. we shall see, they are resting in my humi for a good long time.

Awesome post...nice to see a review that was about enjoying a cigar and wasnt laden with "hints of leather and nuts". :D :thumbs:

That's a terrific piece of writing and I'm honored to be mentioned in it.

JC

My thoughts then wandered to friends I have locally that I share smokes and conversations with. One of which posts here as SabresFan. A smile crossed my face as I figured the cigar I was now smoking was worth more than his whole stash . You gotta try one of these SabresFan...

Nice post Aaron, very enjoyable.

Now regarding my stash. It has seen some serious upgrades this past month, thanks to a bomb from Swissy and some good advice from you. So no more making fun of my stash, just kidding.

In all seriousness Aaron is a great guy and has treated me to some excellent smokes over the past few months along with lots of valuable advice about this grand hobby of ours.

You're lucky I haven't the supply to "bomb" the crap out of you!

And I'm game for an Opus X anytime, just gotta get one first.

As i smoke my cigar i sit back and relax.. ( and i turn on ICE CUBE'S..TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY) and i think to myself how lucky we are ...

alexgtp said:
As i smoke my cigar i sit back and relax.. ( and i turn on ICE CUBE'S..TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY) and i think to myself how lucky we are ...
[snapback]220751[/snapback]​

Now there is an idea I did not think of lol. Great friggin song.

And yes Sabresfan you are starting to develope good taste thatnks to Swissy...about damn time. It is going to be hard when you run out and need to dive back into those La Vienna Habana Fumas...ew. ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

AIP, just give me some advance notice anytime of the year. And that goes for any of you out there in CP land.

AaronFromPA said:
Today was a good day

Then I thought of AVB who has given me much advise on spirits and smokes that I will always abide by...though my scotch list still limited :) A guy can dream.

[snapback]220442[/snapback]​