• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Post

Deak

First, I just found this place and first impression is great. Can't wait to qualify for my first pass.

Located right now in Austin, Texas, cigar smoker for heck I'm not sure maybe 10, maybe 20 years now.
Just moved back from Vienna, Austria and looking for work. Bad time to be a consulting director...kids in college, love long distance motorcycle riding, hunting, gadgets, yada yada yada.....

On to the cigar content. I am afraid. I am very afraid. I have enjoyed the last couple of months of unemployment, smoking that first cigar in the cool morning (relatively speaking) with my first cup of coffee, smoking that second one after a nice lunch on the covered patio with my PDA and keyboard to catch up on some writing.

So what am I afraid of? What if I get a job soon and have to go back to work. Focus on making money again. I just know they won't let me herf in a cubicle..

Will my body have withdraw symptoms?

More cigar content: Tried some nice ERDM Robustos lately that seem stronger and spicier than usual. In other words, fantastic!

Anyone else finding them changed. Or have I just found a good box?

Thanks

Deak
Austin, Texas

First, Welcome fellow Texan! You join a lengthy list of us here @ CP.

Now, about those withdrawals... if ya get up early enuff, you'll still be able to catch that mornin smoke/coffee/paper. Mid-day though, fraid you'll be S.O.L. :(

Can we assume the ERDM's were isoms? There are a few here on the boards that have years of experience with them...myself not included. I've only had a few from 98 that were excellent!

anyway, welcome aboard :thumbs:

Let a fellow Texan add another big Texas Howdy!!!

Horse covered the mornin smoke, now let me add that the Mid-Day smoke is the only one I ususlly have. I go outside during my Lunch-Break and herf a cigar. So now we have your mornin AND your Mid-Day covered. All you have to worry about is the Evenin' and I would bet you can swing that one too. See? No withdrawals!!!!!!!!

Welcome to CP Texas Brother!!!

Michael in Richardson TX

Another fellow Texan. Lets gang up on Beast!

Bwaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Welcome Deak.....from one of two Commonwealth Cp'ers!!! :sign: Texas....who?!?!?!?! :thumbs: LMAO!!!!!!

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Welcome Deak!

If this keeps up we are going to have to change the name of this site to TexasCigarpass.com! ;)

Thanks to all for the welcome.

I'm feeling better already. I will probably hear about a job tomorrow. If that happens I get to go back to work, buy more cigars, drink more scotch, buy another motorcycle,...hey maybe this won't be too bad.
I will just have to take everyone's advice and smoke earlier in the morning.

So, how many Texans we got on this board? Sounds like we need to have a Republic of Texas Herf sometime so we can eye ball each other, share some smokes and talk about how great it is to be living in the Great State of Texas. I loved living in Europe but it really made me appreciate the things we have here. Of course, the other day I was actually bawld out at a coffee shop for smoking a cigar outside. That was weird. In Vienna you have a nice dinner and when you light a cigar they rush over to your table to give you a bigger ash tray and make sure it is lit proper. But that is another story...

Have you guys had a herf here yet? I am in Austin, grew up in Dallas, and can travel anywhere.

What so you all?

Deak said:
Of course, the other day I was actually bawld out at a coffee shop for smoking a cigar outside. That was weird.

I am in Austin
That location is probably the start of the smoking problem. I considered moving to Austin, but then I realized that the university and their left-wing agenda ran the town's social views. So I moved to Dallas, where it isn't too much better...

I am in Richardson with PuroBrat. Have some terrific Cooper's for me in Llano, man!

NOTE TO ALL WHO READ THIS: I am NOT a Texan. I may love the state, but was born in Oregon and raised in Michigan. :0

I am ready for that Texas Herf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many of us here as well as on CF and CW. We could pick a nice Lake with Cabins or something and do some fishin' and herfin'.

Call it the "Texans on the Lake, Fish 'n Herf"

Hey Deak, welcome to the family.
Glad to have you aboard.

BTW, my sister & brother-in-law live in Buda, TX (home of D.L. Jardines) - does that at least make me an honorary Texan??

LMAO
Dave ;)

Welcome to the board..not a Texan and won't be herfing there anytime soon, but if you can make your way to Illinois in October, you will be able to smoke with some of the rest of us, plus a Texan or two also. :)

Sheesh... Texans, texans everywhere and not a cigar to smoke!

Just think, when PB gets his pass back, I think we'll be able to see the smoke cloud on the weather maps LOL... "in today's weather, a strange cloud appeared over the Austin area today....."

Welcome Deak. This is a great place to 'live' :)