• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Scotch, first review

gandolf565

CP Wizard. Watch as I make this cigar disappear!
All the talk of Scotch and cigars got me curious. I am not a drinker really, although I do enjoy a good beer on occasion.

While drinking I smoked a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta beli. New cigar to me, ok, not great, but not bad.

The drink. Chivas Regal Gold Signature 18yo. I served myself on ice. The smell was fruity, pleasant. A sip revealed a flavor similar to the smell. This is 40% alchohol, but I really didn't get that nasty bite I associate with liquor. As I continued to sip the drink and the ice melted some, it mellowed even further and was quite good. I will revisit this again :)

The cigar pairing may have been a little off. The cigar is quite mild, a stronger cigar may have been a better choice.

And that, as they say, is that.

When I reviewed it here, I also noted the smoothness. I would offer that you should try to do the scotch review before smoking and then add that part in. The cigar really changes the taste of the scotch.

Good start I'll be looking for more.

Back