• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Firts bowl

PSTAN

Last night was my first bowl, ever. Although I am starting off in a Cobb it was an interesting experience. I picked the pipe up when shopping this past Saturday and a couple ounces of a "popular" aromatic name IG-140 from a B&M. The aroma of the baccy was nugget like and smelled pretty good. Lighting it was a little difficult, a little too wet I am going to guess or it is just my inexperience, but when I got it to burn the taste was real elusive and near flavorless. The aroma was pretty good but I am learning so what can I say, other than I will be able to smoke the pipe inside the house on occasion unlike cigars. Once I can get the lighting down and such then I am going to work on trying to find blends and better, all be it inexpensive pipes first cause I know I am going to mess something up. :rolleyes:

Aromatics are more for pleasing other people than yourself - they smell nice, but they rarely taste as good as they ought to ;)

So far I have not cared for the tobacco that I have gotten. Maybe this coming weekend I will make it to another B&M and buy a lesser grade briar and some other blends to try. My bowl got a little hot this evenig but I am having to get used to the lighting and packing to keep it going. Time to do some more reading.

Aromatics are more for pleasing other people than yourself - they smell nice, but they rarely taste as good as they ought to ;)
This is so true

also avoid smoking mixtures on their own as they can get really hot......if you use them to top a neutral flake you will get the taste and aroma with a cooler smoke

try radfords no.2 or rob roy as a base

I'm an old -fashioned flake man myself...BUT the thing is you've really got to find your own thing with this hobby....I can't stand to smoke my old dad's tobacco..LOL

The other weird thing about pipe-smoking is I can never smell my own regular tobacco when i smoke it....yet if somebody were to smoke it half a mile away I would immediately detect it!

Enjoy this wonderfully hobby!