• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fishing Thread

Seavita

Hi all, as many of you now I am a bit addicted to fishing as well as cigar, and similar to cigar smokers the new regime also hates fisherman so thought I would start what I hope to be an active and long running thread to share all that is fishing related.

I will post some photos later as well.

I will put up some pics in this thread since I spend virtually any spare minute doing some kind of fishing!

Here is one from my Birthday trip last Oct. Great day won the pool on the party boat.
z4pool.jpg

Here is one from my Birthday trip last Oct. Great day won the pool on the party boat.
z4pool.jpg

No wonder you won with two old reef donkeys like that....lol....Celtic Quest???

Edit:

P.S. looks like you almost lost the one on the left to a big old linesider on the way up or sumptin' :)

Here is one of 13 that we caught that day.

cboct2010152.jpg

That would feed a few Prudhomme afficianados for sure.....dam and from the suds, nice.

cboct2010152.jpg
That is huge fish. Is that a Redfiish or a Black Drum?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

That is a "Bullred" or Redfish. If I remember correctly it was 35" long. We use a kayak to take out bait ( 12" Mullet) out about 300yds off the beach then wait to see what happens.
I thought it was a "Red". That is a really big specimen of that species. Nice catch!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I stalked this bad boy for days.....I have realllly big hands....

IMG00103.jpg

My son caught this in a farm pond this past winter on an ultra light while fishing for bluegill. How he landed it is beyond me, but he did. It was hard to tell who was more proud, me or him. He's not allowed to fish with us anymore.

180038_1537133397351_1505364199_31072104_856023_n.jpg

Gonna go on my first fishing trip in a few weeks with the family down the Jersey shore. We'll see if I have any pics to post afterwards.

I'm looking forward to fishing on the Texas Gulf Coast again when I move. I'll be putting up scrawny fish pictures. Over the summer in Alaska we caught a few fish.

IMGP2346.jpg

Of course, you could argue using a trawler is cheating.

Went to Miami last week fishing with a close friend of mine......

gallery_3163_1494_101483.jpg

Went to the Freeport, TX jetties yesterday. I caught a little "piggy perch" and my brother caught a small redfish. I also smoked a bowl of Ashton's Guilty Pleasure. THe only record set was equaling the hottest day in Houston on record. In the end I'd rather be fishing in a sauna smoking my pipe than sitting in an air conditioned office working.

Our Jersey Shore 6 hour fishing trip yielded about 30 Bluefish about 10" or 12' each. They kept coming, but after we caught what we wanted to eat and the boat had enough for bait for a later trip we started throwing them back. My wife caught the most different species..a Mahi-Mahi (too small, thrown back), a Needlefish, Blues and something else.
We all enjoyed it.

z4pool.jpg

No wonder you won with two old reef donkeys like that....lol....Celtic Quest???

Edit:

P.S. looks like you almost lost the one on the left to a big old linesider on the way up or sumptin'
smile.gif

cboct2010152.jpg

That would feed a few Prudhomme afficianados for sure.....dam and from the suds, nice.

Yes Celtic Quest, funny thing is that the one with the piece of tail missing was the pool winner and someone else tried to say it was his fish after the mate weighted him against the guys fish, but the mate new the one missing the piece of tail was mine.