• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flavo Flave in the Humi

Pompous Pugs

Hey gang:

So, I ordered a box of cigars online and their incentive was an add-on fiver of CAO flavors. "There not for me, there for a friend of mine." Seriously, I am going on a men's outing at the end of the month where the guys in the past would bring Backwoods, so I do figure I can get rid of these rather quickly.

My question is, if put these into my humidor will they stink the place up and/or influence my collection of cigars in any way?

They come in a carton box that I could store in the humi as another line of defense.

I really doubt they could impart any noticeable flavors onto your cigars within that short of a time span. We're talking about what here, 2 weeks or less? I really think that we as enthusiasts sweat over the tiny details just a bit too much. As an example, it is my understanding that true cooks don't fret over small measurements. They just add dashes and pinches of this and that.

That being said, er..... I think this is a good time to put a water pillow to use :D . Pop one o' those into a baggie with them cigars and your buddies are all set :thumbs: .

Gotta disagree with you on this one BH.

Flavored cigars often have a tremendous amount of chemical casing in them. I wouldn't store any flavored cigars in my humidor for 5 minutes let alone a couple of weeks. The odor can really stink up a humidor. The intensity of the problem is magnified by the size of the humidor. Whether this is a permanent problem or not is really of no consequence to me. I don't want the smell of flavored cigars to greet me when I open my humidor.

I have never stored flavored cigars in my humidor. I hate the damn things with a passion. Plus, I once opened a cabinet at a local shop that had acids and other flavored cigars in it, and was hit with a stench that belonged at a strip club, not a humidor. Lord knows how long that will have a presence in the humidor.

If all your friends smoke is backwoods, they won't know the difference if they are a little dry. If you are serious, I would just throw them in a ziplock and put them with your camping stuff. Better yet, you could throw them away and buy some real handmade cigars for your buds. Turn them on the right way.

If all your friends smoke is backwoods, they won't know the difference if they are a little dry. If you are serious, I would just throw them in a ziplock and put them with your camping stuff. Better yet, you could throw them away and buy some real handmade cigars for your buds. Turn them on the right way.

Gotta say I agree with tandblov on this one - especially the above quote. I made that mistake with a flavored I got for my wife and while not permanent the smell lingered for a while and I noticed it on the other sticks too.

Ziplock for a couple weeks and if you think it necessary go to your local shop and get a "water pillow" or other disposible humidification device. Some places have he small discs you put in pipe tobacco - that may work as well and they are cheap.

- Jason

Back