• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flavor transition?

Amalgam

Hi there you guys,

I am still very new at this so I still have cigar 101 questions; bear with me :( Why do cigars flavor transition several times during one smoke session? Thank you

My newbish thoughts are that this likely has something to do with the consistency of how the filler is put together. Since the filler is a mix of three leaves from a tobacco plant, top / middle / bottom.
Without to much detail the three leaves are picked seperately as they have different flavor profiles and consistencies based on how much sun they got, the top being thicker and richer for example.

Often they have a formula for how much of this how much of that goes in when they make these fillers, however cigar flavors can change as the amount of each leaf changes through the length of the smoke.

I may be way wrong on this but hopefully someone more experienced can chime in and add to this discussion or set my newb head on my shoulders straight.

The blend (Davioff sometimes uses 5 leafs)...and the build up of nicotine.

So, Grateful 1 and Chiefmd do you guys agree with Ward? His answer makes a lot of sense but cannot understand if you guys are agreeing with him or got the wrong thread :) Sorry...