• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flor De A Alones

Wascal

Captive of the Dark Side
Reading through the posts here and didn't see anything on these so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. ;)

Talked myself into buying the first box from the good reports over at JRBB.
Smart move on my part. I find these are very tasty and have a nice kick to them. Just a good straight forward strong cigar with a flavor I like. I liked them enough that I bought 2 more boxes to put to sleep for a bit. (the $10.00 box of BF palmitas special didn't hurt either) For those of you that like stronger cigars give them a try. For the money they are a great cigar.

Wascal

The FDAs are a very good strong cigar with a great flavor.

Emo, the BF Palmitas are excellent. A good 25 minute cigar. I've been smoking these on for my commute to work and back. :thumbs:

I agree with you Wascal... the FdA is a very good smoke and an excellent value! I love the flavor that sungrown wrappers have and I've read that the wrapper on the FdA is the same as the ones used on VSGs.

Aloha,

Wade

I am gonna have to pick up some of those Palmitas on my drive back home. Seems like I never have time for a corona sized cigar. Normally I have about 30-40 minutes. And when I report to the ship when I get home, I know for a fact I am gonna be a busy busy man.

Emo

Those Palmitas will be perfect for those times Emo. Also the FDA #5. :thumbs:

Glad to see some others smoking these cigars. Thought for a while I had stumbled onto a cigar secret, with these being so good and no one saying anything about them. :p

The Palmitas are good also, the 2 boxes I got are very dark and have almost a maduro taste. Very nice smoke for those times you only have 25 -30 min. :thumbs: Really wanted to try the FdA #5 but oos. :(

Wascal

wk-mang said:
I've read that the wrapper on the FdA is the same as the ones used on VSGs.
Wade, where did you read this? If this is true, these cigars may be one heck of a value. I always see the VSGs at my local shops, but I hate to pay more than $8 for a cigar unless it is a special occasion. I will have to try these cigars.

McP,

I read it in the JR's Catalog awhile back.... I remember Lew saying that the wrappers used on the FdA, JR Ult Cabs and Bolivar Fuertes are the same ones used on the VSGs! The wrappers are from the Oliva farms and are Ecuadoran Sungrown from the top primings. I've tried all these cigars and they all have a good kick and spice to them... and the wrappers are all dark and oily.

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
I've tried all these cigars and they all have a good kick and spice to them... and the wrappers are all dark and oily.

Your right about the kick, smoked another one of the Palmitas today, think they are stronger than the FdA's :thumbs:

Wascal

I like 'em, particularly the 7's. They're a good full bodied cigar. The Palmitas are strong little boogers that get better with aging. JRs used to give away a box of Palmitas with a full box purchase of Flor d A's...two for the price of one.

Sam