• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Focus group for new cigar brand

jmcigars1

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and as of recent I am starting my own cigar brand, As of recent I have ran into the trouble of finding focus groups of people for trying my new cigar brand, if anyone is willing to participate please message me or reply to this thread if this is against the rules please also let me know

Give @Rod an email or PM and get yourself added to the vendor's forum on here. If you want to get from this forum, you are going to have to give a little, too. I'm assuming you are going to be distributing your cigars to participants at no cost to them? What is it, exactly, that you are looking to understand about your product from the members here?

If you are absolutely serious and legitimate about starting your own brand, there is a wealth of cigar knowledge on this site buried in the annals. We have several members who have deep ties to the industry, as a whole, and might be able to provide pointers along the way. First thing is first, though -- go introduce yourself in the "New Member" forum, and then email Rod and become a vendor.

Give @Rod an email or PM and get yourself added to the vendor's forum on here. If you want to get from this forum, you are going to have to give a little, too. I'm assuming you are going to be distributing your cigars to participants at no cost to them? What is it, exactly, that you are looking to understand about your product from the members here?

If you are absolutely serious and legitimate about starting your own brand, there is a wealth of cigar knowledge on this site buried in the annals. We have several members who have deep ties to the industry, as a whole, and might be able to provide pointers along the way. First thing is first, though -- go introduce yourself in the "New Member" forum, and then email Rod and become a vendor.
Thank you for the advice kann can I apply to be a vendor although I am a new member i read that i can only become a vendor for cigars once i have three months on the forum ?
Yes the intention is to not charge :) just to gain insight on how the blends smoke in order to get a consistent blend taste and flavor
will go introduce myself now!!!!

I have to ask a question. If you are new to cigars and the cigar industry, and you are trying to start your own brand, what is your motivation or passion? Cigars are so complicated, this is almost like saying "I have no medical training but I would like to start my own brain surgery practice, any volunteers?"

Welcome to the best cigar forum on the web!
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and as of recent I am starting my own cigar brand, As of recent I have ran into the trouble of finding focus groups of people for trying my new cigar brand, if anyone is willing to participate please message me or reply to this thread if this is against the rules please also let me know

I have to ask a question. If you are new to cigars and the cigar industry, and you are trying to start your own brand, what is your motivation or passion? Cigars are so complicated, this is almost like saying "I have no medical training but I would like to start my own brain surgery practice, any volunteers?"

Welcome to the best cigar forum on the web!
To be frank parts of my family from another country are heavily involved in their respective cigar industry so I am familiar with the product itself, specifically the production side, how it is grown, fermented, blended etc. However what I am not familiar with is how to market and brand these tobacco product.

More specifically I am not necessarily passionate about cigars but i am passionate about my fellow colleagues working in foreign countries where they are often stopped from improving there cigar products and improving working conditions and pay. Often these luxury cigar products and companies have stalled in improvement as internally there goals have been met. My goal is to start a cigar brand that constantly seeks to improve and expand existing products and offer a variety of products from cigars considered to be "high end" to budget cigars that still give satisfy an everyday smoker.

I strongly believe I can make a great product with guidance from those who work in the fields to those who smoke the cigar

Thank you for the advice kann can I apply to be a vendor although I am a new member i read that i can only become a vendor for cigars once i have three months on the forum ?
Yes the intention is to not charge :) just to gain insight on how the blends smoke in order to get a consistent blend taste and flavor
will go introduce myself now!!!!
To be frank parts of my family from another country are heavily involved in their respective cigar industry so I am familiar with the product itself, specifically the production side, how it is grown, fermented, blended etc. However what I am not familiar with is how to market and brand these tobacco product.

More specifically I am not necessarily passionate about cigars but i am passionate about my fellow colleagues working in foreign countries where they are often stopped from improving there cigar products and improving working conditions and pay. Often these luxury cigar products and companies have stalled in improvement as internally there goals have been met. My goal is to start a cigar brand that constantly seeks to improve and expand existing products and offer a variety of products from cigars considered to be "high end" to budget cigars that still give satisfy an everyday smoker.

I strongly believe I can make a great product with guidance from those who work in the fields to those who smoke the cigar
Admittedly, I'm not sure what the rules/restrictions are on becoming an official vendor here at CigarP Ass. Message @Rod and tell him what you are telling us. He is the owner of the site and can let you know how to proceed. He is a busy-in-life guy, though, so may take a minute to get back to you.

Thank you for being open about your ambitions and intentions in the industry. I appreciate that you understand the passion for cigars, even if you do not personally share it on the business side of the house. I am confident that you can will find more than a few willing participants here; it would be good to establish a relationship with some who could become regular sounding boards for how the blends change as you go, both good and bad.

This is some of what I do, it can be just as complicated as coming up with a new blend at times. There are a lof of factors that come into play. What country is your family in?

not allowed to give cigars for free at brick and motor shops as it is against federal regulation

True. But there's all kinds of ways around it. I get free cigars probably every week. At shops, events, factories, my home.. I have review sticks sent to me frequently. Maybe some day I'll give you some tips about vouchers...

Are you literally rolling these yourself? Or are they rolled on your behalf? Where are you procuring your leaf from? Have you ever planted or cared for leaf before.. seed to stick? Do you single, double, or triple cap your cigars? Any what guided your decision for just that? Have you mastered a Chaveta?

Not bustin' chops.. I'm genuinely curious.