• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FOG Advice Wanted

Montagieu

Was doing a general Yahoo search earlier in the day for AF Anejo release dates and found a link to an eBay sale for some #50s and Sosa Wavell Maddies. What caught my eye was the following: "The Arturo Fuente Anejos are only released once a year and cannot be bought at a retail store. This is your chance to get a very rare collectible Fuente product." Unless I am sorely mistaken, I have purchased a few Anejos in the past at my local retailers and have seen them in more B&Ms than not.

Is this worth contacting the higher-ups at eBay or let it go? The seller has awful feedback and there is no telling what the hell would be sent to the unsuspecting buyer. There are currently four bids on the lot and about a day and a half left on the bidding at the time this post is being submitted.

Linky to Bid

Linky to Seller Feedback

ebay1of2.jpg

ebay2of2.jpg

Is it worth the time to call this person on either their blatant lie or ignorance of cigar retail.

-Montagieu

Anejo are a limited release, sometimes released anywhere between 1-4x a year, depending on Fuente's schedule. But you're correct, you have bought them from your local retailer. They're available at retailers across the country.

As far as contacting Ebay, good luck. The whole site from top to bottom is so full of fakes, I can't imagine them doing much about some mis-information. Everything he wrote there isn't incorrect though - the stuff he copy/pasted from Moki's vitolas.net is correct. :laugh:

Edit: It's almost 11p on the East Coast, so most of the FOGs are probably sleeping, so I thought I would jump in and answer for them.

It might be more of a misinformed (somewhat shady) seller, than a true scam. I would just hope buyers do their own due diligence. I doubt anything would result from you reporting it to Ebay.

The auction is for the "bands", anyhow, since eBay doesn't allow tobacco sales. Unless it's a collectible or something - that's how people get around it by selling the rare bands. :rolleyes:

So the questionable info isn't about the product being sold, just that extra dead plant material that happens to be attached to those ultra rare collectible cigar bands.

I doubt ebay will do anything.

-John (not a FOG)

The auction is for the "bands", anyhow, since eBay doesn't allow tobacco sales. Unless it's a collectible or something - that's how people get around it by selling the rare bands. :rolleyes:

So the questionable info isn't about the product being sold, just that extra dead plant material that happens to be attached to those ultra rare collectible cigar bands.

I doubt ebay will do anything.

-John (not a FOG)

Now I understand why he listed the bands. I just thought the seller was an idiot. Still do.

-Montagieu

Yeah, tobacco products are always listed as either band or box, and then "box may contain tobacco.. not for consumption... etc etc" It's a loophole big enough for an elephant to jump-rope.

Why would anyone buy anything from this seller. I agree, let the dumb be taken...

My local shop told my girlfriend that Hemingway maduros do not exist and they only come in one size. She told them they were wrong, and went in the humidor and picked up a couple of each size they had. I don't know which is worse: My local shop being to ignorant, or my non-smoking girlfriend knowing more about their products than they do. ;)

My local shop told my girlfriend that Hemingway maduros do not exist and they only come in one size. She told them they were wrong, and went in the humidor and picked up a couple of each size they had. I don't know which is worse: My local shop being to ignorant, or my non-smoking girlfriend knowing more about their products than they do.
wink.gif

Oh Boy... She's definitely a keeper.

-Montagieu