• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fonesca Vintage

Double D

alphabetically challenged
Well I have not done a review in quite awhile. Most of my reviews take place outside doing something work related Hunting/Fishing normally. This time I had my first day of vacation and no one was here to bother me so I decided to read a book and smoke something different. The book was one of the Xanth series by Piers Anthony.

The cigar was a Fonesca vintage in Robusto size something I do not normally smoke.

Fonseca Vintage Collection
The perfect filler binder combination of the best crops of the Cibao Valley in Santiago, Dominican Republic. Meticulously selected aged tobaccos, when blended with the best Connecticut seed wrappers from Ecuador, ensure exquisite taste and aroma.

I decided to grab this one today because I had time and it had been sitting in cigar purgatory for over a year waiting for someone to put it to the fire.

I settled into my chair and looked at it a nice natural wrapper not my normal choice but it looked very appealing with out any blemishes. Pre light was good no obvious smells but I am not the best at picking up subtle complexities. I lit it using a wooden match and it sparked perfect and the draw was one of the best I ever had. The initial taste was just pure tobacco much like many of the first cigars I ever tried. It stayed that way for about an inch then a slight peppery taste developed. Now this was a pleasant surprise because it is something I really look forward to in a cigar and quite frankly I did not expect to find it in this one.

The ash was a sturdy firm gray and as the cigar developed so did the spicy tobacco flavor it was almost citrus like at one point. I never figured this to be a cigar I would nub but that is exactly what I did the last tiny bit it heated up a bit but this was at the last ½ inch.

Lately I have been a bit turned off from smoking because everything seemed to be the same this stick brought back my desire to smoke again and made me realize that the old adage too much of a good thing can be bad in my case Peppin, Fuente and Litto sticks.
Overall I would say this was a good solid stick that should be tried at least once this particular one had some age on it and that may have been a factor. To my tastes it was a solid medium stick. The one draw back I noted was when I removed the band it unraveled a bit but this quickly corrected it self and the burn was even start to finish.

I think Brad sent these to us as a hitchhiker when we ordered from him a year ago bro...

And I remember it being a damn good cigar and it surprised me quite a bit due to how much flavor it had (something I usually don't relate to the Fonesca name).

Nice review, and since you have vacation maybe we can get together this week and burn a stick or two :thumbs:

Nice review!

I've read most ot the books by Piers Anthony...what a fun author.

I have been reading his books since I was a kid have read most of them. I enjoy puns so these books often make me laugh a bit.

I have also smoked this cigar recently and got the same flavor profile as you, I really enjoyed it.