• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Food Grade Plastic

Kxthor911

Ok. Turning a 100 quart cooler into a large humidor with cedar shelves. Already have the shelves, they came out of a large tower and were not being used. My planes are to stack the shelves on top of each other (horizontal cooler lid) because they are to large to slide in if i have the cooler vertical. 

So since I already have the shelves I was curious if I can use food grade plastic like is used in the restaurant business for cutting boards ect. Its medium density but light weight (kind of like what they use to make cutting boards out of.) So the plan is to screw (brass screws I think) the plastic pieces into the corners inside the shelf so they can all stack on top of each other. 

This will be my singles cooler instead of using boxes and having to dig. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to do it and this seems like the best way. 

Ideas? Corrections? Thanks guys.

I don't see a problem with using plastic as long as it's strong enough not to break easily.
Some pictures could help us visualize what you're trying to do though.